LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday 2 February 2012

Topshop: 'Neon Rose' Blush

 

I am such a big fan of Topshop make-up. I think they're definitely on par with or of better quality than some of the drug store brands available and everything i've ever bought from there i've been really impressed with. The packaging is just perfect. I love the little dotty cases and the little black boxes with simple drawings and dots all over them as if someone has just decorated them with chalk. 

This time i treated myself to one of their blushes in 'Neon Rose'. I've been searching Topshop's high and low since before Christmas for this colour so it's not been an easy task to hunt it down. But at last, i've got my mitts on it. It's one of their cream to powder blushes which i find of a really nice consistency. Usually, i'm not a fan of cream blushes as i feel they wear off extremely easily and generally don't suit my combination skin type, however the Topshop ones really do glide onto your skin like a powder and don't feel at all greasy or heavy.



  The colour is rather bright, it reminds me of the Sleek blushes they bought out in the Summer - very bright and bold and it really does have a bit of a neon hint to it. The photos are showing it up to be quite pink, but it's more of a midway between a bright pink and a coral colour. You really don't need a lot, a couple of dots onto your cheeks and that should do the trick. Unless you really want to make a statement then i'd suggest being quite light-handed with this as it is very decently pigmented! 


I just love how lightweight these cream to powder blushes are. It feels really smooth and almost mousse-y to the touch. Once on your skin it does settle to more of a powder finish, but gives your cheeks more of a natural flush compared with an average powder blush. 

I'm still undecided as to whether it's converted me completely to a cream blush. I like the colour but i feel it would suit me better with a bit of a tan, and on paler skin tones this may look a little bit harsh. The good thing is you really can build this up so i'd still recommend this if you weren't brave enough to try the Sleek blushes last Summer but fancy a hint of 'neon' in your life.. 


The Topshop blushes are priced at £6, which i think is a very reasonable price to pay for the quality of Topshop make-up (and the packaging is just spot-on). If you're unsure of the colour of this one then i'd suggest to try 'Nutmeg' (this was my first Topshop blush and it's a really nice dusky-pink colour).

What are your thoughts on Topshop's Blush range?
Any recommendations for my next purchase?



30 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try this too lookks gorgeous I have Head Over Heels which is a peach cream blush which is gorgeous :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo that sounds nice i might have to have a look out for that one :) thanks :) xx

      Delete
  2. that looks so pretty! love the packaging too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the packaging of the topshop make-up but im yet to try any products - everytime i go in, i just have no idea which to items to try - i'd love to see a post on topshop make-up musthaves?

    Great blog, i've followed :)
    Natalie

    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love them, i prefer Topshop to certain drugstore brands :) That is such a good idea for a post i might have to do that one soon! :) Thankyou for following xx

      Delete
  4. Wow they are very pigmented! :)

    http://katiaswonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just come across your blog and love it! You've got yourself a new follower aha! :D whatrebeccasaid.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Ill check out your blog now :) xx

      Delete
  6. I really love Topshop blushes they are great for the money

    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried Topshop blushes before but have looked and swatched this one once or twice but never bought (don't know why!)...such a gorgeous blush :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good for the price! :) Nutmeg is a nice all-rounder colour if you want one to try! :)

      Delete
  8. This colour is gorgeous! I don't have any topshop makeup in my collection yet, but I really want to try some out. I also love how this has a little mirror to go with it, really handy :)

    lauradreamsanddresses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess the mirror is extremely handy - i hate it when products skimp on the mirrors! x

      Delete
  9. What a lovely blusher ! I really want to try topshop make up as soon as I am back in the UK. Just read your last post as well, really hope you feel better xxxxx

    clayandbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard so many fantastic things about the Topshop makeup, i really need to try it! Will have to check it out next time i'm back in the UK. This looks like a gorgeous blush, and i love the packaging :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this blusher! I also have flush and head over heels! Head over Heels may be the perfect peach so you need that in your life xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OO thanks for the recommendation. Im off on holiday next week and im a bit mad on coral/peaches right now! If i get chance ill have a look before i go away :) xx

      Delete
  12. Never tried Topshop make up, but I will buy something when I'm on holiday in London.

    The pigmentation seems great!


    Love Katrien
    from bowsarecute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have this blush and I love it! It's a great colour for Spring/Summer! x

    sweet monday

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still haven't tried Topshop make-up! I find when I look at stuff online, it looks totally different in the store and I end up not liking the look of it haha! This looks and sounds amaze though! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss i must admit they do look different online! That bugs me. I often say i want a certain lippie and get to the shop and i'm like :| oh.. aha xx

      Delete
  15. Ohhh I loveeee the look of this shade! I have "Head Over Heels" and it is GORGEOUS! It's a lovely coral shade and I could ramble about how much I love it all day haha X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOO thanks! Thats 2 recommendations of that shade now! I must try it soon! xx

      Delete
  16. This colour is fab, I'd love it in a nail varnish though.. It a great summer colour. X trinkettravels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have this - it's brill! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this, I really wanna try this <3

    take a peak at my blog please ! <3

    project-rattlebag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks so pretty. Great blog by the way.

    My Blog:
    BeautyMakeUpAddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the colour. iv heard so many raves about topshop makeup but theres nowhere near me that sells it. If i do go into aa topshop that sells it ill defo be trying it out. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow the colour is so vibrant I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks so bright, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x