LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday 22 March 2012

Barbara Daly Cream Blush 'Peaches & Cream'


Barbara Daly isn't a brand i tend to go for purely because it isn't sold in drugstores and i don't often frequent the supermarket for a makeup-purchasing sesh! However, on a recent trip to Tesco with my LAVLEY best friend (we take it in turns to drive to various supermarkets for fun and to stock up on chocolate..please tell me we aren't the only folk that do this?), we found ourselves browsing the makeup stands and this caught my eye. I have a thing for corals and peaches at the moment..

The packaging is so cute; i like that you can see the colour through the little window, it's pocket-sized (i actually keep it in my purse because it's so small), and is just one of those compacts that feels rather satisfying to hold in your hands (oh goodness..how sad do i sound right now...) The cream blush retails at £5.00 and you get 1.4g of  product, which i thought was pretty decent and comparable to other brands.

The colour is more pink in tone when in the pot, but when applied it has lovely orange/deep coral tones to it which is what i fell in love with straight away. It's quite strongly pigmented too and one swatch provides an intense colour which is very blendable and buildable. I find that 3 or 4 dots on my cheeks is more than enough. The consistency is lovely and creamy and very much reminds me of the Topshop cream blushers as it seems to become more powdery once applied. But whereas the Topshop ones tend to look more matte, this one looks more creamy and sheer which gives a more dewy effect to the skin. The colour does seem to last quite well, obviously with a creamy blush the colour does wear off quicker than most powders, however it doesn't seem to go patchy and just fades slightly throughout the day (but because it fits into my purse it means topping it up is a doddle! ;))


Overall: This has been my first product from her range and i've been pleasantly suprised by the quality.I'll definitely be looking into grabbing a couple more of these (i reckon the whole range is on 3 for 2 at the moment). The only downside is the shade range - i just wish there were a few more to choose from. I currently have my eye on her airbrush foundation and a few of her nail polishes...

Have you tried anything from Barbara Daly? 


14 comments:

  1. This is a really gorgeous shade, I've never tried Barbara Daly make-up before and I usually don't like cream blushes but the consistency of this one looks so nice to work with :)

    Frances x
    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @Francesss__

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i dont usually like them either - always go back to my powders but this one is doing well so far! xx

      Delete
  2. That's such a pretty colour, Asda is the choice of supermarket in our house haha so I've never had the chance to look at the brand xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha its usually sainburies for us but i may have to change it to tesco now :P xx

      Delete
  3. That's a gorgeous colour! I've tried their powder foundation before and really liked it but it irritated my skin, I might try this though! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm yess im always a bit unsure when i look at the foundations! Been impressed with this though :) xx

      Delete
  4. This is a gorgeous colour and I love the fact it's a cream blush, looks like it gives a lovely finish! x

    http://dress-me-upx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks great. such a beautiful colour. Is it sticky though?

    http://cleomei.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautt :) Nope, not sticky in the slightest .. it's really smooth and soft xx

      Delete
    2. It's Beautt :) Nope, not sticky in the slightest. It's really smooth and soft xx

      Delete
  6. This blush looks gorgeous, I love the colour!xx

    http://blamingbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never bought anything from this line before but it looks like such a gorgeous product! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh i love cream blushers ! This one looks fab ! xx
    Clay

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x