LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 8 April 2012

Spa Paradisa: Sweet Coconut Lip Butter


'Capturing the tropical essence of the South Seas, Spa Paradisa combines ancient recipes with fresh, natural ingredients to help mind, body and soul escape to a faraway place'.

I found the Spa Paradisa lip butters a couple of years ago whilst browsing Boots; I spotted the tropical, summery themed packaging and instantly fell in love with the brand (they also do some yummy body butters which are also tropical themed - i love anything with a palm tree on it - reminds me of going on holiday!) At £3.50 the lip butters are slightly pricier than your average lip balm but the packaging alone feels well made (it has a beautifully smooth, matte finish) and let me tell you, the product lasts ages.

Enriched with Vitamin E and shea butter, the balm itself is intensely moisturising and instantly provides a barrier to protect your lips. The texture is lovely and balm-y, and has definitely got more of a 'buttery' consistency when compared with the slightly thinner texture of Vaseline - therefore i find it lasts longer and i don't have to reapply as much.  It takes a while to get a decent amount of product to apply when the tin is first opened, but once you've applied it a couple of times then it's a doddle and a little goes a long way. I always find that Vaseline can feel slightly greasy at times, but this feels richly moisturising and very smooth and soft, without feeling greasy or 'slippery' at all. They also smell fabulous; this one smells of coconuts and is absolutely del-ish (think cocoa body butters - it's exactly like that but for your lips :))

This little tin has lasted me nearly a whole year. Before this i had the 'passionfruit' version (which i sadly lost in the depths of my handbag), but i tend to keep this on my bedside table now and apply before bed. I've also used this on dry skin on my hands and it's worked wonders! When this one runs out i will definitely be purchasing another. You can buy these butters at Boots or i've heard they have started selling the full range of products at Next. I believe you can also grab these in a twin pack for £6.



Have you tried any Spa Paradisa products? I love the brand and i find their products even more perfect for the summertime. The packaging alone just makes me smile...(and makes me even more determined to get another holiday booked - like, right now!)


5 comments:

  1. I've never seen these before but I love lip balms with a fruity smell/taste! I find Vaseline can be a little greasy too so I''ll keep my eyes open for them, they'll be lovely for summer x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the packaging of these, might have to add them to my vast lip balm collection! x

    www.a-place-for-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get some of this :) I buy some many lip butters/balms etc :) Although dont know if i could ever swap from my Burt's Bees!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am obsessed with lip balms/butters for some reason and I don't think I have seen these before.. definitely going to check them out next time I'm in boots/next <3

    justfacethefashion.blogspot.co.uk
    Zoe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my coconut lip butter from CO Bigelow, but I need to try this brand.

    xo

    Haylee
    www.DolledUpDaily.com

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x