LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday 6 September 2012

Estee Lauder Smoothing Creme Concealer | A New Favourite!

 Estee Lauder Smoothing Creme Concealer | £17.50 
 'For all skintypes. Disguises dark circles, lines and shadows. Soothes, moisturises and protects'
I've been after a new concealer for a while now and I've tried my fair share of them, let me tell you. None of them to date have ever beaten my trusty C2000 Lasting Perfection - atleast, that was until I tried what Estee Lauder had to offer. 
I don't like how concealers tend to look 'cakey' or obvious when reapplied so I've been on the hunt for one that stays put all day and looks natural - I might be concealing all matter of sins but I don't want everyone else to know that! This tube of amazing-ness is my new holy grail product and I've not touched my C2000 since (sorry little fella). 

I suffer really badly with dark circles and dull complexion around my eyes - I wanted something that would combat this at the same time as being suitable for covering any blemishes. This covers my under eye circles and imperfections like a dream and looks flawless and natural, at the same time as lasting most of the day without the need for constant touch ups. It's really soft and smooth to apply and really does give a perfect finish. It also doesn't feel heavy; the consistency is spot-on and doesn't feel like it's sitting on top of your skin like most concealers i've tried and it gives a beautiful dewy finish. It also doesn't look at all cakey or dry no matter how many times I reapply - which is great for me as if I ever have a minute to touch-up, my concealer is the first thing i'll top up. That said, I sometimes don't need to apply any more throughout the day anyway - it has been one of the most long lasting products I've used for covering blemishes and dark circles. All of these points combined make for the perfect concealer for me.

Admittedly, your purse might not like you for a while, at £17 a pop it is definitely more of a pay day treat but a little goes a very long way and I know for a fact I won't need to replace this for a good few months (unlike buying a new tube of my cheaper alternative every month - thus saving me muchos pennies). If you're a fan of Estee Lauder's skin makeup range (Double Wear Tinted Moisturiser is also amazing by the way) then I really recommend this concealer. 

Whats your favourite product from Estee Lauder's range?It's fast becoming one of my favourite brands
 

12 comments:

  1. I love Estee Lauder makeup, may have to give this a go! Nice review :) xo

    emilyannbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review lovely. I've been wanting to try this for ages but was worried about spending that much on a concealer. I think your post has just persuaded me that I need to buy it ha xx

    www.misssunshinesparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the concealer I wore on my wedding day I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pricy but worth it it sounds!!!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm addicted to their nail polishes and have 3 of EL's limited edition 5 shadow eye palettes, some eye pencils and lip products... their foundation is next on my list of things to try, so far I've loved everything... I think EL is one of my fave brands as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I need this in my life! I seem to go through the Collection 2000 "Lasting Perfection" concealer so quickly! :/
    I loveeeee Estée Lauder foundations so I'm hoping I'll love this too! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need this in my life. I have the worst under eye circles so this may help
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I might have to try this, lovely post! <3 I'd love it if you could check out my blog, it'd mean a lot.
    Xaimarys ♡
    www.ajumbled-mess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. As long as it works, I think the cost is worth it! I just discovered your blog and I love your nail art looks too :)

    -Ezi

    ikintoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks good. I already have the double wear foundation and it's really good quality. I definitely want to try some of the other products in the range and that tinted moisturizer you mentioned.
    Great post. I'm your 880th follower!
    x
    http://www.daniellesdiscerningeye.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds fantastic, the Estee Lauder makeup range has really pleased me...tempted to go into my local stockist and swatch this!

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x