LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Mac - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural | A New 'Holy Grail' item?

Mac | Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in 'Medium' | £21.00

Why, oh why, did I never make a purchase on Mac's MSF before now?! I know a lot of you will be gasping in horror at the information I've just divulged - but it's always been a product I have overlooked. I'm not a 'powdery' person - yes, I'm aware that sounds a little silly but I've always been wary of the feeling of powder on my face, and the fact that powders I've tried in the past have zapped any form of dewyness away from my face and made me look absolutely awful. I've only been using this for a couple of weeks, so I won't jump in and scream 'holy grail' just yet - but I'm almost certain this is going to become one of my firm favourites.

Before using this, I've always felt the need to top up my makeup now and again, but this literally keeps everything in place all day, and even manages to help maintain that 'freshly applied' look for longer. I actually look forward to applying this in the morning - I pop on my primer and base as usual, and dust/buff this into the skin using the Real Techniques Powder Brush (seen in my previous post here). Unlike other powders I've tried in the past, this doesn't instantly dull my face or make me look 'chalky' whatsoever - it doesn't darken the foundation and it doesn't completely mattify the skin. It leaves just the right amount of 'dewyness' and provides you with an even, fresh looking base that makes your skin appear flawless. It has slightly more coverage than other powders too - it adds the perfect finishing touch to any parts of my skin that appear uneven in tone. 

I'm sure you'll see this product popping up in future posts of mine - so far I'm completely in love and am getting on like a house on fire with it! Yes, it's pricey, and I guess this is why it has put me off in the past - but it works a treat and I feel completely and utterly stupid that I've never bought it before. I can honestly say I've never been more instantly impressed with a powder - it's something I used to dread applying - but now I feel like I've met my match and fingers crossed my opinion will remain the same! I shall let you know either way..


What are your thoughts on Mac's MSFs?
 

20 comments:

  1. I have this too & love it! Only add a little to the centre of my face but works wonders!

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its amazingg - im gutted i never gave in to buying it before! xx

      Delete
  2. Ahh love when you end up loving a product so much you look forward to putting it on haha. I love this powder too, never looks too matte or flat. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eee me too! haha its quite sad really to say i look forward to applying powder - but its fabulous when you find a product you get really excited about :) i love that it doesn't make my face look flat too - nothing i hate more than looking completely matte xx

      Delete
  3. MSF is my absolute holy grail and has been for a good few years!! Can't live without it! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yaay im hoping it becomes one of mine too :) im so impressed already xx

      Delete
  4. This is one of my favorite powders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely on my list of post Christmas purchases!!! Great review xxx

    http://thelittlethingsbb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like I need to make a trip to the MAC store before work tomorrow. Maybe a little early Christmas prezzy to myself. Sounds like it would be perfect for me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favourite powder! :) Always repurchasing it!

    egtx3.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly I only own Mac lipsticks and eyeshadows. I'm not the biggest fan of mac in general. I only really love their lipsticks. I've used their foundations a few times borrowed from a friend but eh feels heavy on my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been using M.A.C. Studio Careblend Pressed Powder after the Face and Body and I love it!

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how excited you are! It reminds me of how excited I was to get my Benefit Hello Flawless powder xx

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooo got to love a new holy grail find, this does look truly gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh! This is a HG product for me. I loveeee it, I used to only use MAC's Studio Fix Pressed Powder Foundation, but I reach for this far more now. It can be a bit pricy but I truly feel it lasts quite a while(:

    http://beauty.maybebabyxo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have really great photos, I might buy this after my bojouis one runs out x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ive had this for about a year now and love it. Its so natural and goes so well with studiosculpt. Great review:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I used to use this powder all the time but when it ran out I wanted to try something new. I will have to try it again next time. I am a new follower.

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this power I use it everyday!
    I love this post and your blog, I'm a new follower!
    Rachael x

    beautyin1place.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I worry that this might look a little cakey on my skin because it's so dry right now but I don't know why I've ever looked into this product, it sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x