LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Mac 'Shy Girl'

Mac lipstick in 'Shy Girl' | Cremesheen | £14.00

I made another cheeky Mac order just recently. I know, very naughty of me considering Christmas is around the corner and i'm supposed to be saving the pennies for my nearest and dearest, but there's nothing like treating oneself to a lipstick, is there? I'm loving nudes just recently - i'm aware it's the party season and i'm supposed to be reaching for the bright reds and berry shades, but the past week or so i've been trying to tone down my makeup for a more neutral finish. Nudes are a staple in my makeup bag for daytime, they're just so effortless and can finish off your makeup in an instant - without the need for lipliner and endless reapplying!

Shy Girl is a wonderful orangey-nude shade. Because of the pale peach undertones your face appears instantly brighter and healthier - and it really works well with winter skin as it doesn't wash you out. It adds just the right amount of colour without being too obvious and it adds a touch of warmth to the face. The 'cremesheen' finish is also perfect for this time of year - providing just the right amount of moisture, but still with great colour-pay off. If you've been searching for a good all-round nude lipstick to add to your collection, then I really recommend 'Shy Girl'.


What's your favourite nude lipstick of the moment?

23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous post, looks like a perfect peachy nude!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sophie :) Its lurrvley :) i love nude shades but i love the peach tones in this one x

      Delete
  2. I'm loving a maxfactor lippy at the moment, called Ruby Tuesday, it's a gorgeous red xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo yes thats one of my faves too! I included it in a recent lipstick post - its lovely isnt it :) xx

      Delete
  3. I got this from the boyf last Xmas but it worked its way to my mums makeup bag!! My face just doesn't suit nude shades :( xxx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh noo :( you do suit bright lippies very well Kayleigh - im the opposite :( love bright reds and pinks but often reach for my trusty nudes haha xx

      Delete
  4. This post has come at just the right time Beth as I was wondering if I should put this lippy on my Christmas list or not, but it's going on there now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yaay so happy its helped you write your christmas list meg :P :) its really lovely - one of my new favourites xx

      Delete
  5. You can never have too many nude shades, or MAC lipsticks :) Pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous shade! I'd love to add it to my collection :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always hear so much about Shy Girl and it's such a lovely shade, but I'm not a massive fan of the Cremesheen finishes :( xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Added to my must buy list! Thanks for the wonderful feature :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty!

    My MAC wishlist seems to be getting quite long now...

    xo

    http://verrism.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love MAC Angel and Creme D'Nude but I really want to try Shy Girl and Hue. Can never have enough nudes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shy Girl is so beautiful! It's one of my faves along with Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love this shade! think it would be a bit pale for me however and look a bit foundation lips haha! i wear spirit every day which is a bit browner but still never nude and love it! love! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Shy Girl!! My favorite nude is MAC Honeylove.
    merrybellyland777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love this! I'm such a sucker for nude lip colors. I'll have to check it out. I'm giving away some MAC lip products in my holiday giveaway if you want to enter http://www.jaimeombre.com/2012/11/christmas-giveaway.html

    xx Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like this blog post and thank for information about

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful color!

    http://8881397.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm fairly certain this will be my next MAC lipstick purchase... Such a staple item!

    Allie
    http://ordinaryallie.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x