LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Beauteco Box | August

Beauteco Box | Monthly Beauty Box | £10 +p&p* | Link 

Last month, I wrote a little introductory post about the new beauty subscription box in town - 'Beauteco Box'.  I'm sure you've all heard of it by now but just in case you haven't and fancy a read up on the whole concept and why I think it's the bee's knees then you can have a nosey at my last post here. I've been pretty chuffed to say the least, and last month's box actually introduced me to a couple of new favourites of mine - I'm now addicted to Neal & Wolf's conditioning treatment (definitely repurchasing it once I've ran out!) and I've been converted back to a kohl pencil (after using liquid liner for donkey's years) in the form of Art Deco's Soft Kajal Liner. Both products are FULL size which really pleased me - you really do get your money's worth with this box!  I'm sure you'll be seeing those products in my monthly favourites at the beginning of next month...

Anyway, onto this month's Beauteco Box offerings!  Once again, I was really excited about this box. Lord & Berry are one of my favourite brands and I was so excited to see them on the Beauteco Box menus - I definitely think they deserve a more widely known status amongst the blogging world (I've previously reviewed their highlighting 'Luminizer Stick' if you're interested!). Once again, the box contained 3 full size products and 2 generously sized samples for me to get my mitts on - for the price you really cannot grumble and if beauty boxes are your thing then Beauteco will be right up your street.  I'll give you the low-down on what I chose this month...

Lord & Berry Intensity Lipstick in 'Peach Gleam'
This product is the one I was the most excited about.  I've had Lord & Berry Lip Crayons in the past and LOVED them - so was really looking forward to giving one of their lipsticks a whirl.  The shade is just my cup of tea - you know me, anything with a hint of peach or coral and I'm there! I've been using this a lot the past couple of weeks - it's such a lovely muted peach shade - not too bright or too dark - just the perfect colour for an everyday lip.  It seems to perk up my complexion no end and applies really nicely.  The formula isn't so creamy that it applies fully opaque, but the pigmentation is really impressive and on first 'swipe' your lips are coated in peachy-gleamy-goodness.  If you like Mac's 'Shy Girl' or 'Ravishing' - then it's worth looking into this little gem.

Lord & Berry Kissproof Lip Colour Liner in 'Blossom'
I am a big fan of Estee Lauder's Double Wear Lip Liner in 'Spice' - and at £17 a pop (oof...that will send your purse strings running for the hills...) they aren't cheap.  Sadly, I'm almost ran out of my holy-grail favourite so this little addition came just at the right time. It's a little more pink than my usual lip liner but it's without a doubt very similar and it's a colour that I would pair with a load of lipsticks as it's not far off from a natural lip shade.  I can't wait to try this.

Arran Aromatics Lavender & Tea Tree Facial Wash
Again, another full size product!  I always use tea tree products on my skin throughout the month - I find it helps calm any redness and helps prevent blemishes.  This facial wash deep cleanses the skin and gently exfoliates, whilst the lavender in it revitalises and calms.  I haven't used this yet as I'm still getting through a sample size of a Balance Me one, but I will giving this a whirl in the next couple of weeks or so. 

S5 Purity Serum
Of all the products this month, this is the one that really intrigued me.  I don't use serums and oils on my skin that much but am always open to trying them.  I'd love to find one that really suits me.  This one seems really promising - it helps blemish prone skin by controlling breakouts, reducing appearance of pores and generally helping to keep the skin clear.  What I like about this one is that it doesn't feel greasy like other serums I've tried - just smooth, gel-like and almost cooling. 

Melvita Body Milk in 'Rose'
I'm not usually into floral fragranced things but I will certainly be giving this a try in the next week or so.  I really like the fact it's meant to soothe and moisturise the skin whilst providing a calming effect.  

This month's box has been another exciting one for me and I reckon there's at least a couple of gems in there for me.  I love the fact that Beauteco box have introduced me to both new brands and helped me rediscover some favourites too.  I will be sure to report on some of these products in the near future - keep your eyes peeled - some of them may make it into my monthly favourites...

Have you tried Beauteco box? Which product tickles your fancy this month?

14 comments:

  1. This box looks great! I love the look of the Lord & Berry lip products :) xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really good! Im definitely grabbing a couple more soon - have a look on ASOS - i usually get mine off there! xx

      Delete
  2. That lipstick looks really nice!
    Really want to sign up to this box when I finally have some money!

    JS beauty & style - MAC giveaway winning

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely do. I wouldn't go to any other box now ive tried this concept. Its nice that you get a bit of a say in what you receive :) x x

      Delete
  3. I'm so sold on this box, I really am considering a subscription.. I think the lord and berry kissable lip proof liner was a beautiful colour and I like how they matched the colour with the lipstick! That is definitely a brand that I will have to further look into. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the s5 serum once you've been using it a while!

    restless-beauty.blogspot.co.uk
    Hazzie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beauteco looks really awesome but I saw that they do not ship to the US ): still the products look amazing great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo that lavender face wash looks fab! i love anything that has lavender in it.


    Nat

    http://between-friends-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really beautiful. I love that lipstick colour! xx

    Essie | The Li'l Sparrow

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a really good box! The lipstick and liner look like lovely colours :)xo

    http://901lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like the sound of the serum and the tea tree wash. Tea tree work great on my skin. Great products!
    Emelye xo

    LittleKollection

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi beth
    i am thinking of subscribing to a beauty box but not sure which company to choose:s what made you choose beauteco what makes them different ?

    thanks claire xxo
    www.divatuesdays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x