LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 29 September 2013

A New Favourite | Shu Uemura 'Art of Hair' Essence Absolue Oil (plus 20% off!)

Shu Uemura 'Art of Hair' | Essence Absolue Hair Oil - £39.50* [link]

I swear by hair oil. I've used it religiously ever since I tried my first one quite some time ago now and I've become somewhat of an addict.  My hair drawer has it's very own little oil section and I reach for one every single time I wash my hair without fail.  I really do believe that using them so often for so long has resulted in me having longer, more healthy looking hair, and I'm never satisfied with the condition of my hair when blow dryed unless I've applied one of my oils.  I simply can't live without them in my hair routine.  So, I thought I'd introduce you to my new favourite - Shu Uemura's 'Essence Absolue' - a nourishing, protective oil that leaves your hair feeling silky soft to the touch.  Grab your glow sticks... I feel a product rave coming on ;)...

Made with camellia oil, the product provides intense moisture without weighing the hair down.   The consistency is surprisingly fairly runny; at first I was unsure whether or not it would be enough for my hair (it's long and fairly thick) - but just 1-2 pumps is more than enough and I still cannot get over how incredibly lightweight it is without compromising on the moisture factor.  The oil also provides UV protection as well as the intense nourishment - fruity bonus!  I use it straight after I've showered, before I blow dry my hair, making sure to coat the mid-lengths to the ends.  When my hair is almost dry, I'll pop another half a pump or so through the very ends just for an extra boost of moisture.  That's what so great about this oil and what makes it a favourite for me personally - you can easily use it on wet or dry hair without leaving your hair feeling greasy or weighed down.  I even use this in the daytime for a little boost if my hair is looking a bit frazzled - it's such a good pick me up and it's perfect for a little spruce up in between washes and for taming frizz or softening up any brittle ends.  It also says that it can be used as a pre-shampoo or overnight treatment.  I haven't used it as a pre-shampoo treatment yet, but am planning on doing so very soon once the colder weather takes hold and my hair starts to get a bit dull. I love how versatile the oil is - it's something I've struggled to find with other oils - they can be a little too heavy to use on dry, styled hair - but with this one I have no problem either way.

It's also worth mentioning how amazing Essence Absolue smells.  It's just divine.  I can still smell it on my hair the day after - a little whiff of luxury every time you swish your hair about. Lovely.   Of course, Essence Absolue isn't the cheapest of hair oils on the market. At £39.50 it's definitely on the higher end of the scale. But having tried all kinds of oils, both cheaper drugstore versions and popular high-end offerings, I can safely say this is one that I will be without a doubt repurchasing - despite the price. It's all I've been using on my hair since it arrived on my doorstep and it ticks every single box for me.  I actually can't fault a single thing about it - they've even nailed the packaging! The handy pump system is much less messy (and clumsy-person proof) that the typical bottles of oils you get and it's easy to control how much comes out.  When you're spending up to this amount on a product - you don't want to waste a single drop!  

Fancy trying some for yourself? The lovely folk over at MySalonLooks have given me a discount code for my fabulous readers for 20% off all Shu Uemera products on the website (excluding duos).  All you need to do is enter the code 'BIRD20' at the checkout! The code will expire 2 weeks from today, so you have plenty of time to choose something lovely!

You can find the Essence Absolue oil on MySalonLooks here, or have a nosey at the other Shu Uemura products on offer here.

Do you like the sound of this hair oil? What Shu Uemera products have you tried and loved?


6 comments:

  1. I've heard such amazing things about this oil! Thanks for sharing the discount code!!

    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've only just started to hear about this oil, I love using hair oils they really work well on my dry locks so have to check this out.

    Liza | Glambeautys | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great product but I can't stand the feel of oils in my hair x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must try this! I've heard amazing things about it and this blog post has convinced me even more to give this a try! Thanks!

    Alice X

    http://brushofbeauty17.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a really good product i love the packaging!, thanx for the discount code! :D tempts me more to buy this ha xx

    ~ VISUALCANDY INC

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds amazing! I swear by the Shu Uemura skin purifier which is a cleanse off oil - so gentle on the skin yet so effective at removing every bit of stubborn waterproof make up and face make up without drying the skin out. Will definitely be adding this oil to my wishlist! x

    A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog by Izzi

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x