LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 22 September 2013

Autumn Berry Lips | Collection DeLuxe Lipstick in 'Prohibition'

Collection DeLuxe Lipstick | 'Prohibition' | £3.99 (link)

Ok.  I was all set for typing a really autumnal themed post this evening (hence the atmospheric blog photos complete with twinkly lights...oof!) but this morning, I have been sat in the garden getting a little bit of sunshine before the cold, frosty mornings really do take hold. I kid you not, it's been like the last little dose of summer this morning. I realise I can't stay in denial any longer - summer has well and truly gone after all, and as soon as the nights start drawing in, the autumn/winter make up comes out to play.  I won't lie - I'm not the biggest fan of winter. I like the cosy nights, baggy jumpers and the whole build up to Christmas but after the festivities are done and dusted I've had enough.  I'm a sunshine lover through and through (not the greatest if you live in the UK...) But one thing that I do look forward is the whole 'dark nails, dark lips' thing.  Autumn/Winter is the perfect opportunity to really go wild with darker shades and experiment with statement colours.  So, I introduce to you my first 'autumn makeup purchase' of the season - Collection's DeLuxe Lipstick in 'Prohibition' - a deep, vampy red.

The photographs pick it up to be slightly more pink toned than it is - it's a gorgeous berry shade with a little hint of purple/pink running through it - but once on the lips it transfers as a stunning deep red/plum sort of colour.  I was really intrigued by the new 'DeLuxe' collection - as soon as I swatched them I was sold. The formula is really creamy and glides on so smoothly and effortlessly, leaving a slight sheen that is ever so forgiving if you suffer with dry lips.  I really love how pigmented it is - one or two swipes and you're good to go.  You do need a lip liner with a shade like this though, especially due to the creamier consistency - I personally haven't had a problem with it slipping or bleeding just yet but I can imagine one wrong move and your beautiful berry lips will go from 'vampy' to Count Dracula within a few seconds. I must admit I've always found Collection's lipsticks to be of really good quality, and their pigment and formulas always seem to work well for me - which is great for the purse friendly price tag of just £3.99. Yep, that's right. Change from a fiver. You can't go wrong.

I can really see this shade being my 'go to' berry lip for the next few months.  It's not dissimilar to the infamous Kate Moss '107' (you can have a nosey at my post on that here if you're interested) - it's slightly lighter, slightly less daunting and not as 'full on'.  If you were a fan of '107' last year but found it difficult to wear, then it's worth looking into this shade.  It's in the same sort of shade range but a little more appropriate for daytime wear and not as dark.   You can find the DeLuxe shade range here on the Boots website. I really do hope they bring out more! I'm hoping to get my hands on a few more shades next time I'm passing on by...

Have you tried Collection's 'DeLuxe' range? Which shade is your current favourite?

30 comments:

  1. Berry is defs my favourite shade this Autumn! This looks amazing and is under a 5er! Thanks for the recommendation!

    Lorraine x
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - I cant wait to get my nails painted in a matching shade! haha
      Definitely check this shade out - you cant go wrong for £3.99! x

      Delete
  2. I keep wanting to try berry colours, I love it on my nails but I am pretty scared about it on my lips! Guess at this price even if I don't like it won't matter. It is a stunning colour though!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly! perfect excuse to try it! It's a nice formula too because it's not drying and isn't full-on matte colour :) x x

      Delete
  3. I love this shade it's so gorgeous and such a bargain. Really suits your skin tone, think i need it!

    Liza | Glambeautys | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beauty isn't it! I bet it would look lovely on you! It would look beaut with your hair :) x

      Delete
  4. OOO Beth you've done it again & put another lipstick on my never ending list haha :P this is gorgeous looking this lipstick that might compete with my 107 lipstick!! I love winter & looking forward to wearing more Autumn shades on my eyes & lips :) I can't believe this lipstick is from Collection! such a bargain :)
    Looks good on you Beth :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this looks so good. Would of never guessed this is collection! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was checking out this range the other day and thought it looked pretty good! Love this colour, I struggle with dark lips but managed to create a similar shade to this that I liked by blotting MUA's Shade 1 lipstick. Definitely checking this out, thanks! xx

    Curls & Swirls Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I saw the pictures and then the price and was shocked. It looks great - although I don't think I am brave enough to try it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow the shade is stunning, I love the colour and even more the price it is so affordable, will have to check out their lipsticks next time xx

    ~ VISUALCANDY INC

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow I cant believe this is from colletion!
    Emily
    www.beautybyemily.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently bought Kate Moss '107' but im tempted by this one too. Its such a gorgeous colour!

    Natalie xx
    Youralmostalice

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the most perfect berry shade! Can't believe it's only £3.99! xx

    Rachael | beautypea.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous shade! Can't wait to start getting all berry-happy this Autumn.
    xxx

    Sarah Nunn | UK Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful color, it looks amazing on your lips!
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fab colour! Looks a lot like "Girl about town" by MAC!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw these in Boots the other day however half the testers were missing so I couldn't try them at the time. This is a stunning colour on you Beth :)
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos, I recently picked this up too and couldn't believe how cheap it was for such a lovely Autumn/Winter shade! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks absolutely gorgeous, i've gotta have this!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely color! I love berry shades this time of year!

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a lovely shades. I dont have any berry shades in my lipstick collection. They are all peachy pinks! I dont tend to stray away from that it seems! Maybe I should try something different for a change!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautiful! 107 comes off extremely dark on me but like a true red on my friends!
    catrinteleri.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. I saw this in boots the other day but they only had the testers left! I really need this shade in my collection, it's gorgeous.
    Sarah x

    I have a blog sale too if you'd like to take a look. Http://ohhsoglam.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This colour looks gorgeous on you! Definitely looking at this when I next pop into boots - i'm so naughty and never think to look at Collection!

    Lisa
    www.topazandmay.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This colour looks gorgeous on you! Definitely looking at this when I next pop into boots - i'm so naughty and never think to look at Collection!

    Lisa
    www.topazandmay.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This colour looks lovely on you! And it's a steal at £3.99 x


    Abbie | Dainty Little Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ah, want it so badly <3 They really step up with their packaging.

    passingfancyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is stunning! Will definitely will be looking out for these!

    Claudia xx

    Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x