LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 8 September 2013

Not Another Maybelline Baby Lips...


Oh yes. I went there. I swore to myself that I would not become a member of 'The Maybelline Baby Lips crew'. But I did. I also swore that I wouldn't post about it. But I have.  For a good while now, us Brits have been deprived of such a cult Maybelline product and have been left twiddling our thumbs wondering if and when the infamous Baby Lips would ever arrive in the UK. And so you can imagine the excitement when finally, after all that time, we could finally get our mitts on our very own without having to book a flight half-way across the world. BIG yays. Sounds silly really. After all, it is just a lip balm. There's plenty of other lip balms in the world to satisfy our lip balm-y needs, but Baby Lips just has that 'got to have it' appeal. Maybe it's the endearing plastic packaging that half-reminds us of our 'tweenager' days, maybe it's the promise of deliciously fruity flavours, or maybe it's just because it's one of the most hyped up lip balms I've yet to come across. Either way, we all dashed to our nearest Maybelline stands in the blink of an eye.  I'm aware that the bloggosphere is simply flooded with reviews and whatnot - but I thought I'd add my two pennies worth anyway...

After a great deal of decision making, I finally settled on 'Peach Kiss'.  Anything 'peachy' is a winner in my books. The colour pay off isn't amazing - but neither did I expect it to be.  It shows up better on my arm than it does on the lips - in fact, there would be no point in trying to take a photo of it in action, as the shade does nothing more than maybe smooth out my natural lip colour slightly.  I do like a lip balm to be more or less colourless anyway as I often apply lipstick over the top. If you like a bit more colour pay off for your money then it's worth opting for 'Cherry Me' or some of the more pink-y shades.  As for the actual moisturising properties - yeah, it's quite good.  Better than some lip balms I've tried. It doesn't have that 'waxy' feel that a lot of balms tend to have. It's definitely a lot more smooth and it feels nice to apply.  I half imagined it to wear off as soon as I'd popped some on, but it doesn't. It stays on quite nicely and although it doesn't live up to the '8 Hour' claim, it stays put a lot better than some of my other balms. I love the fact it contains SPF20 - always a nice little addition! It definitely does 'quench' the lips when you apply it - and the amazing fruity smell just makes it even more addictive.

Overall, (dare I say it) I really like Maybelline's Baby Lips. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's the best lip balm ever, because it's not.  It's definitely not one I'd recommend if you were really suffering with dry lips, but it's a great everyday addition to your handbag and it's nice to apply before lipstick to prevent dry patches. It's not sticky, it doesn't 'sit' on the lips and it doesn't feel greasy or gloopy - pretty good for £2.99 - but don't expect miracles! Would I buy another one? Probably. But I reckon it's more the fun packaging and novelty factor rather than actual moisturising properties.   

There's no denying it's a fun, quirky little lip balm to own - and I half want to rush out and buy myself a pink fluffy pencilcase to store it in along with lots of glitter gel pens and miniature notebook keyrings... There's something about it that just reminds me of products I used to stuff in my pencilcase in my school days. Is that just me?...

Have you given in to Maybelline's Baby Lips yet? What's your favourite one?! Did you love it, or hate it?

28 comments:

  1. I like the look of that colour! Not given in to these suckers yet though!

    Http://www.makeup-meow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh well done. I admire you for not giving in! I waited a couple of weeks or so then couldn't resist any longer! x x

      Delete
  2. I agree with this so much! The actual product is probably average but the packaging is just so cute that I have to buy more! Xx

    thriftyskies | beauty and trends ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review Beth! I've got a review about one of the baby lips lined up too! I got the shade 'Cherry Me' and I really love it - it smells/tastes beaut! I have to agree though - I think its the cute packaging that makes them so popular!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the colour! I've yet to be sucked into Baby Lips.. but I don't see that continuing any longer! x

    Top 10 Under £10/$10/€10

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've currently got FOUR baby lips sitting in my drawers :P
    I'm a fan too! Trying to use up my current one so I can move on to the other flavours :D

    Yuen @ The Craziest Paradigm - a 'lil bit of rust & stardust

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like my pink punch baby lips, but also agree that it is really the hype that made these products so big because they arent fantastic!

    Following you, would love you to follow mine back.

    www.frankiebooxx.blogspot.co.uk

    Frankie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surprisingly I don't have any shades of the baby lips in my make-up collection! Peach kiss however might change just that very soon! Can't wait to try it out!! Brilliant review!

    Would love it if you check out out blog!

    http://uniquebeautysecrets.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    Louise xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been delaying purchasing one of these because I can't work out whether they're really worth it or not. I love the shimmer of this shade though. The packaging draws me in too.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is pretty much my thoughts! I have a blog post scheduled for this on Tuesday! aha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I completely agree with your review! I have 'Cherry Me' and 'Pink Punch' and the colour pay off it much nicer:) xx
    http://peachesand-cream.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ive not picked any of these up yet because i really wasnt feeling the hype! This one is quite tempting though, i really like the colour of it.

    zozeze.com x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't find them anywhere! :'( Can't wait to give them a go though!
    oliviasword.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to love my holy grail Body shop born lippy lipbalms...but that has changed eversince maybelline brought out their baby lips! They are so moisturising and smells amazing. The packaging is cute and lovely, nice and easy to throw into the handbag and go.

    Thanks for the review. This shade is something that i would personally go for hehe! Have a lovely day <3

    *- YingcBeauty-*

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely want to get my hands on one of these. I'm still a vaseline girl rather and a lip balm girl, but if I see this around I'll probably purchase it. I think it's the packaging that is making these so popular too, because it's definitely drawing me in haha.

    http://beautyblog.skylish.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bought the exact same one as you! Its cute, and I love anything which smells of peaches but you're completely right it does have that school girl thing going on.. I mean its a great product but I don't understand why it has garnered SUCH a cult following!

    Ashma X

    http://centralsweetfrolic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. the packaging is so cute! even if it does look a bit like fake make up lol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree, they're not the best balms but very cute x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been putting off purchasing these for a while just didnt know if it was worth the hype but after all the reviews i think i have to give in :D xx

    ~ VISUALCANDY INC

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lol this is something I've sworn I won't buy also haha, it is rather tempting after reading this review!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's fine to give in to a hype and like it. I love the babylips, and I haven't stopped using them since :) Well worth the money xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like these! I have written a full review on my blog too! Also check out my Bourjois giveaway!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've heard so many review thes lip bals! Think I'm gonna have to give in and get me a few, haha!

    - Charley x
    ( http://booksandbeauty8.blogspot.co.uk/ )

    ReplyDelete
  23. I got "Peach Kiss", "Cherry Me", the yellow intensive one and the pink one (whose name currently eludes me) and I have to say that "Peach Kiss" is my favourite one - it does show up on my lips quite nicely and is great if I want to go for nude look with muted colours. For any hardcore moisturising its Carmex all the way though!
    Kat
    Mountainbeauty2013

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really did laugh at your title because so many beauty bloggers love Baby Lips, it's got to the point where I really don;t want to buy it because I'd feel like I was caving to the crowd but it does sound so good! I'd definitely recommend Vanilla Lips to try as a balm its gorgeous!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are all over the blogosphere at the moment! And with this review you have definitely tempted me to buy one!

    www.accordingto-ellie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm trying hard to just think of them as an overrated lip balm but I don't think I can resist much longer! I'd definitely get the peachy shade, the packaging is too cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really liked the cherry me, but I could not stand the taste and smell of it, that I had to stop using. It is not the worst, but def not the best balm either. Love the colors though.

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x