LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 10 November 2013

Organic Surge | First Class Mask

Organic Surge | First Class Mask | £8.49* | Link
It's fair to say that my skin has been in need of some TLC the past few weeks.  The colder weather really does take its toll on my skin and it's been feeling dryer, more 'clogged' and generally a little worse for wear.  I've been trying to detox a little bit in the hope of brightening my complexion as it does tend to get a little dull throughout the colder months - I've been putting extra effort and time into my skincare regime in order to get my skin looking tip-top once again.  I've been using this Organic Surge face mask now for a good number of weeks and it's fast become one of my go-to products for when I feel my skin needs an extra bit of rejuvenating! Their 'First Class Face Mask' deep-cleanses the skin and provides added moisture if it's feeling dehydrated - perfect for my combination skin! It contains calming chamomile and 'soothing marshmallow', as well as natural oils and plant extract.   The rosemary and lemon oils really come through in the scent of the product - it's very fresh,calming and gentle - with a little citrus kick!

I find the consistency very creamy - it works a treat on my combination skin and it adds moisture to any drier areas without being overly heavy.  It smooths out really easily and I find it very easy to get a smooth, even coverage across my face.  I simply cleanse my skin as normal, massage some of this on afterwards (I find 2-3 pumps works best for me) and leave it to sink in for 5 minutes or so.  It really is that simple.  Sometimes, I get put off using face masks because I can't be bothered with the mess of removing it or the whole twiddling my thumbs and waiting for it to dry thing - but the First Class Mask is so quick and fuss-free that I can even apply this in the morning before uni.  It doesn't harden like other face masks, and the cream sinks in to the skin without leaving any white residue - in fact, I walked downstairs with a full face of this and nobody batted an eyelid! After the 5 minutes is up, I simply wash off with warm water and pat dry with a towel and my skin is left feeling fresh, smooth and ready to face the day.  I find it leaves my skin feeling moisturised, looking brighter and in better condition - any blemishes or red areas feel calmer and I always feel that my skin feels much healthier afterwards.  The bottle says that you can actually apply this and leave it overnight for an intense treatment if your skin really is crying out for some love -  I can imagine this would be a fabulous way to use the product if you were suffering with dry skin.  It really is so gentle that you can leave it on as long as you like.

The Organic Surge First Class Mask retails for £8.49* - in my opinion, a really good price for such a versatile, gentle face mask. I use this once or twice weekly and I feel that my skin instantly feels and looks much better once I've used it.  The fuss free, easy to use pump action bottle only adds to its appeal for me and it's worked a treat on my sensitive skin. If you fancy having a read up on ingredients (there's some good stuff in there!) or further details, you can find the Organic Surge Website here. You can also find their products on the John Lewis website.

Have you tried any Organic Surge products? What's your favourite face mask currently?! I'd love to know some more good'uns!

23 comments:

  1. I need to try this - the scent sounds lovely!

    Becca || Becca Said x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's gorgeous - really fresh and gentle :) worth the money! xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds lovely! My skin suffers in the Winter too and I've been looking for an affordable, fuss free mask for my skin - this could be the ticket! xx

    Curls & Swirls Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh winter skin woes :( Mine plays up something chronic! Definitely give it a whirl - i think its well worth the money. I don't know if John Lewis has their stuff in store but if so its worth having a look at the range in the flesh! It's really good xx

      Delete
  3. I have heard so much about this and it definitely sounds amazing! xx

    Claire does beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its lovely :) Really can see why there's such good reviews of it! x

      Delete
  4. I honestly don't even know if it will get cold enough down here to even need that, but I still want it regardless! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also love this! Especially as you say it doesn't look like you are even wearing a face mask.

    Fee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to try this, and the price is really reasonable! (:
    http://casualllyawkward.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
  7. My skin needs more TLC at the moment too, its very dry. This mask sound great & soothing
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh I really want to try this out now, love citrus smelling products - makes it so refreshing x

    Lauren \ What Lauren Says

    ReplyDelete
  9. This mask sounds lovely, so annoying how skin changes with the weather. I would love to try this out where can I find this brand? xxx

    SparklySJ
    http://sparklysj.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that the colder weather has arrived my skin has been very dry, unhappy and dull so I know what you mean! This definitely looks like a luxurious product that my skin would love! Thanks for the review! x

    Hilary | MakeupbyHilary.com x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks amazing, and perfect for me at this time of year too! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm using Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask (£22) at the minute, didn't realise you could use this Organic Surge mask overnight too so this may be a much cheaper alternative! x

    Emma
    http://emmawillz.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Winter weather does the WORSE damage to my skin. Masks are always my go to. Great review of this one! It sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like a wonderful mask, and is a good price as well. I like the masks that can be worn for a shorter amount of time and love using the face mask from simple as it only needs to be on for 3 minutes and leaves my skin feeling amazing afterwards

    Bella x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh this sounds so good! Need a new face mask xo

    theglamaddict.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds lovely, and perfect for this time of year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds very good indeed! I'll bare this brand in mind when I next purchase a clay mask.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an amazing sounding mask. Organic Surge really are great for budget skincare.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haven't come across this particular mask yet :) would love to try it out!

    illy :)
    www.illyariffin.com

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x