LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Urban Decay Singular Eyeshadow Pots | My Current Daily Duo


When it comes to eyeshadows, Urban Decay have to be a clear winner for me.  I use my beloved Naked Palettes on a daily basis and find their shadows to be best in terms of pigment and velvety consistency.  Buttery soft and easily blendable, they really are the cream of the crop for me and I think they're worth every penny.  Although my palettes get a lot of use and are ideal for taking abroad with me, I also have a selection of their singular pots.  I thought I'd introduce you to my current favourite duo - one shade of which most of you will probably be quite familiar with...


Urban Decay Eyeshadow in 'Naked' | Matte | £14.00 | Link
Yep, you're right. This is the lighter of the two matte shades featured in the Original Naked Palette.  I adore this colour and ran it down to the pan pretty sharpishly. I wasn't exactly keen on the idea of re-purchasing another Naked Palette purely for the sake of one shade so I was jolly well chuffed that they sell a singular version of it.  I guess you could say it's nothing special - but I really do love it to bits and it's just the perfect blending shade for use in the crease of the eye.  It's not too dark, so it doesn't look too heavy for during the day - a light dusting of it blended slightly up towards the brow bone provides a lovely, subtle bit of shadow and definition without going over the top. It's slight grey tinge helps to create a more natural look.  It's also a good shade for blending harsh lines and for wearing purely on it's own across the lid.  Urban Decay admittedly don't offer a great deal of matte shades - they're very much known for their sparkle and shimmer, but the matte offerings they do have are all very usable and great for neutral, everyday eyes. I use this without fail almost everyday - and I've even been known to use it to fill my eyebrows in so it really is quite versatile (my eyebrows are quite ashy so its the perfect kind of grey/brown shade). If I ever want a little more definition in the crease I simply blend the darker matte shade from the Original Naked Palette through the outer 'v' with a fluffy brush and I'm good to go.


Urban Decay Eyeshadow in 'Easy Baked' | Shimmer | £14.00 | Link
I was lucky enough to win this little beauty in a giveaway hosted by The Sunday Girl a while back (thankyou Adrienne!) and it's fast become an everyday 'go to'. It is without a doubt extremely similar to the famous 'Half Baked', featured in both Naked original and Naked2 palettes, but I find it to be slightly lighter and a little more yellow toned.  It is described as a warm toned, golden copper with a frosty finish.  I love the texture of this one - like the majority of Urban Decay shadows, the formula is amazing and lasts all day without creasing or a great deal of fading - and gives a wonderfully smooth, seamless finish. I simply sweep this across the lid of a morning and take it slightly under the lower lash line for that extra 'pop' of gold.  Alternatively, I apply 'Half Baked' across the lid (slightly darker and more of a true gold colour) and then dab a little touch of this in the centre of the eyelid for a subtle eye-opening effect.  

I cannot recommend the Urban Decay shadows enough.  If you still haven't got your mitts on the Naked Palettes I'd recommend grabbing one or the other as a starting point - I promise that from then on you'll be hooked like me!  Or if the palettes aren't your thing, it's worth having a nosey at their singular pots - there's something there for everyone and I find each shade to be incredibly pigmented and amazing quality for the price. 

Do you love these eyeshadows as much as me? What's your ultimate favourite Urban Decay shade?

29 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Easy Baked looks gorgeous! I'm such a huge fan of the UD eye shadows and I need to expand my single pot collection :) I haven't got a top favourite shadow from UD, but I do really love my Naked original palette! xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look really nice! I have never tried their eyeshadows before so i don't have a favourite. xxx

    http://blue-bells.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these shades, especially Easy Baked!
    www.lydiarosexo.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look gorgeous I love my Naked palette too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. naked is like chocolate from natural collection and half baked is like a shadow from the body shop that i've recently bought!

    zofia xo
    littlemisspradaxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I've never thought about using naked as a brow colour, may give this a little go. Both great shades, perfect combo!
    Liza | Glambeautys | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I love both of those shadows, especially Easy Baked! I love UD shadows. They are so pigmented and lovely. What a lovely combo.

    Lindsey| fairmaquillage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe how long I've owned my Naked Palette and have never used Naked as a brow colour! I'll definitely be giving that a go. I have three UD palettes but not a single shadow - easy baked is absolutely gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both looks absolutely amazing :) Wouldn't mind having them in my collection :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are my go to shadows at the moment too! I love them for an everyday look with a bit of black liner :) Danielle xx

    missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous photos, and beautiful shades! I love wearing neutral/beiges at the moment xx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love Naked! I wear it almost every day as it's such a lovely natural colour and I also use it as a base when going on nights out! I'm mad for nudes and browns when it comes to my eye colours!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Naked is one of my favorite eyeshadows ever. Easy Baked looks so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Easy baked is so pretty!

    Becca from Becca Said x

    ReplyDelete
  15. UD shadows beat all other eye shadows hands down in my opinion, my favourite is Roach which I've bought in the individual form about three times now, I'm completely in love with it

    www.walking-in-heels.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. These colours are amazing! I use my Naked palette on a daily basis now because i find that the colours are just perfect for the Autumn/winter :) Never bought urban decay shadows in individual forms but the little pots are cute :)

    Thanks for shariing~ have a lovely lovely day!

    *- YingcBeauty-*
    X x x X

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the singles - I think they're even better quality than the palettes. My favourite one is Laced, its such a lovely tearoom pink colour. I love the colour Naked too, I've nearly completely worn it through in my Naked palette.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Urban Decay eye shadow! Such amazing quality and so vibrant. xx
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are both gorgeous. I have half baked and it is so stunning! I love the new packaging of their shadows also.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the naked palates, think I'm going to have to purchase these to. Thankyou.
    Amber.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What gorgeous shades!! Such a lovely combination, your products are always so lovely :-) xxx

    www.stylapetite.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are both gorgeous colours, and look like a lovely combination! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  23. First of all your photos are beautiful and I'm loving your blog- I just found it today and followed :)
    The eye shadows look lovely, I don't have either naked palette but I'm thinking I need naked 3, it looks gorgeous.
    Love Kate xx
    prettylittleus

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are lovely. There are definitely a couple of shades in the naked palette that I will be purchasing in single form when I completely finish them up!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely shades :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have never used an UD eyeshadow before but the Easy Baked shade is absolutely beautiful. This just adds to my need to go and buy the Naked palettes.


    www.itspokerdollface.com

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x