LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 30 March 2014

Lauren's Way | Darker than Dark 'Glam Tan' Spray

Lauren's Way | Darker than Dark Spray Tan | £19.95* | Link

Summer creeping around the corner can only mean one thing. Yes ladies - it's time to start waving goodbye to the trusty opaque tights and hello to weeks and weeks of  regimented hair removal - waheey!  If the thought of getting your less than summer-ready pins out makes you shudder in your fluffy slippers, a layer or two of the ol' fake tan never fails to perk them up in a jiffy.  Just recently, I've been testing out this offering from Lauren's Way.  I've always been intrigued by the range - I'm forever reading fabulous reviews and comments on Twitter about just how great it is and the fact I'm a self-confessed TOWIE fan only added to my excitement.  As soon as I tried it, I loved it.  In fact, I'm going to throw it out there - I reckon I've found my new favourite fake tan.  It featured in my monthly favourites a couple of weeks ago (you can have a read here) so it just goes to show how much I love it as I thought it needed it's very own post. 

Firstly, I have to say I'm slightly surprised at just how quickly I warmed to using a spray.  I've always been very much a mousse-y kinda girl with the odd lotion thrown in here and there - St Tropez and Xen Tan have to be the only 2 fake tans I've ever really liked. However, Lauren's Way is SO easy to use the guide colour means that it's really easy to see where you've been - and it isn't messy or hard to apply in the slightest. You can either spray directly onto the skin and blend with a mitt, or apply onto the mitt beforehand and then buff into the skin - either way works equally well and it's really easy to achieve a smooth, even colour.  I'm completely and utterly sold on the spray version and I would 100% repurchase the spray again - I find it's actually much less effort than a lotion or a mousse - and it dries almost instantly.  It's also really quick to apply as there's no real 'massaging in' routine that's needed like there is with a mousse or lotion - you literally just spray, buff in and go.  I can easily do my entire body in 10 minutes.

Just one coat is enough to give a deep, even tan. The colour is quite dark - but it's not orangey in slightest. It gives the same colour to my skin that I'd achieve if I'd been in the sun for a few days - very olive toned and natural.  One of the main selling points for me though, is the fact that this tan doesn't seem to smell like typical fake tans to me (which is what puts me off doing it as I can't stand smelling like a digestive!).  It has a very light, fresh scent when you first apply it, but once it's on you can hardly smell it whatsoever. Perfect! It also seems to last much longer than other tans on me - I find I don't have to 'top up' half as much - and I'm always happy with the colour it gives after just one application (finally, a tan I don't have to layer up!) I would have posted a 'before and after' photograph - but to be honest, I've been wearing this tan non-stop since I got it so I haven't had pale skin in a good few weeks now. Hopefully, you get the jist of the application from the photos above.  Overall, I have to say I love Lauren's Way - and as soon as I run out of this bottle I'm going to be ordering another pretty swiftly! It really is as good as everyone says...

Have you tried Lauren's Way?

16 comments:

  1. I have heard so many brilliant reviews about this, celeb names on products always makes me a bit wary and sometimes you find a product is crap but just gets good reviews because of their die hard fans! This seems to be an exception though, it looks like such a gorgeous tan! Definitely on my list to try :) I've heard Chloes tan is brilliant too, it's sold in some really good high end salons in Liverpool! xxx

    http://xosarah-loves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really didn't want to like this as I am not a fan of Lauren, but I keep hearing rave reviews about this tan. I must admit, I do like how dark this is!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard loads of reviews on this, but great review x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you've written this!... I've been 'umming and arring' for ages abut buying this but will defs be purchasing now.
    Claire.x
    www.xclaireabella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds lovely! Although it's not exactly cheap, would you say a little goes a long way? xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was always a mousse girl but I enjoy this just as much I think. It's a great colour!

    Liza | Glambeautys Beauty & Fashion Blog | YouTube | Glambambini Family & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always use mousse but this is such a great review and I have heard so many good things! Itching to try it now xxxx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another wonderful post Beth, I always love you photos, they are so bright and beautiful. I have been thinking about fake tan myself lately and almost bought St.Tropez but now I think i'll have to give this one a try!! Always love your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been hearing so many good things about Lauren's Way lately, this looks great but I'm not sure about using a spray, I'd definitely love to try the mousse version though x

    RosalieJayne

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a pale gal I would happily invest in a good fake tan.

    http://cupcakesandskirts.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm pleased to hear you like this tan Beth as I've just got a bottle but I haven't tried it yet! I'm not in the Summer zone yet - this god awful weather means when I get home from work, the fluffy slippers are well and truly glued to my feet! haha! I'm hoping I'll love it just as much as you do though - it looks a lovely deep shade!! Hope you're well lovely :) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds so nice! I hope to try some of this range! xx

    BerrieBlogs| {beauty blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd never have thought to try a spray self tanner but I've heard so many good things about this tan! Will definitely be giving it a go before the summer

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds so good! I think I need to try it! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great effect- and it's not too pricey either! What a good find! xx

    Sharlotte | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. For additional information on laser hair removal delhi cost and laser hair removal toronto prices check out our site http://www.skindelhi.com/permanent_hair_reduction.html.

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x