LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Mac's 'Fanfare' Lipstick

Mac Lipstick in 'Fanfare' | £15.00 | Link

It was a while ago when I added Mac's 'Fanfare' lipstick to my ever-growing hoard of lipsticks.  I must admit, I wasn't instantly blown away by it once I'd got it home and it was squirrelled away in my lipstick drawer amongst all of my other pinks and corals. When I swatched it in store, there was something I really loved about it, but when I popped some on at home - it just didn't click with me. You win some, you lose some after all! However, just recently, I decided to give it another whirl.  There's something about the yellow, 'seashell-pink' tones to the shade that really draw me to it and I remembered just how much I loved it in the shop. I'm not sure what it is - whether it's because I've switched up my eye-makeup slightly of late or the fact my skin tone is a little paler now that we've been through the depths of winter - I'm not entirely sure - but all of a sudden, I've discovered my love for the shade! 

Fanfare isn't one of those hyped up Mac shades you hear lots about on blogs.  It's very much an unsung hero amongst the bunch! It's a Cremesheen formula - so it's very creamy and easy to apply.  The pigmentation is really good too - often, I find Cremesheens can differ with their consistency and colour pay-off, but Fanfare seems to get it spot on the mark and it's pretty impressive when it comes to wear time.  I have a few natural lines in my lips so I have to be careful when it comes to certain formulas making my lips look dry - but this one glosses over with ease and plumps up the lips in an instant. It's very much one of those 'my lips but better' shades and I find the warm undertones in it work very well with my skin tone.  I've been wearing my Urban Decay Naked3 palette to death the past few weeks, and this colour really compliments the eye makeup looks I've been going for - it's the perfect finishing touch.

Overall, I'm so glad I added 'Fanfare' to my collection.  I can't wait to give it a whirl in the summer when I have a bit of colour to my face as I can imagine the coral-y undertones will look stunning! It's the perfect shade for the upcoming Spring and I really do adore it. It isn't a nude so it won't wash you out, but it also isn't one of those false, overly bright pinks - it's just a lovely in-between and it's one of those shades that seems to awaken your complexion in a flash.  It's very pretty and natural - the perfect pink in my opinion!

Have you tried Mac's Fanfare?

40 comments:

  1. Wow this shade looks beautiful:)x
    Perfect every day colour!
    curlsandcometsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely colour! So natural.

    alice xxx | beauty blog | beauty channel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, just a better than natural lip look!

    Jaynie Beauty & Style - I Follow Back. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. Looks great on you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really liked the colours, looks so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love it x

    finallyjune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love this shade. It's so perfect for whatever occasion and it's now gone on my wish list xxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this shade is so, so gorgeous and I haven't heard anyone mentioning it before. Just added it on the top of my WL :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This colour looks stunning on you, wow! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want! The shade is just perfect! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my favorite Mac lipstick, such an amazing everyday shade and I love cremesheens, but they just dont last as long!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This colour is gorgeous!

    www.skinandroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely and settled shade! x / almeidas.se

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh have never tried this but looks so lovely!

    pippibee.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks so pretty, may have a Mac purchase on the way, its great to discover new lipsticks and products that aren't, raved about by everyone !

    ReplyDelete
  16. It really suits your skin tone - I have a few MAC lipsticks but they're all very bright and bold colours, think I might treat myself to a more everyday shade like this one xx

    Sarah Nunn | UK Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my that is such a pretty subtle colour! Loved this review :)

    Sian
    xo

    http://sm-beautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a gorgeous natural colour! I just ordered some more MAC lipsticks wish I'd of seen this before! xx

    Girlintheblackhat

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this shade - you're right it's not one I've heard of but I want it now! Damn your photography, it's too beautiful

    Katydesu.blogspot.co.uk

    Katy xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this shade! It's so perfect for spring and such an easy every day color! definitley adding it to my wishlist!!

    inwiththenew.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gosh this is so incredibly pretty, love it! :)
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a gorgeous colour, I've a lot of MAC lipsticks so it gets tough trying to find new colours in store and remembering which ones I already have but I'll definitely be making a note of this one :)

    Belle x Part of Belle's world

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would definitely consider this an unsung hero as well--and the shade is so unique as well! One that I love that I don't hear too much about is Hot Gossip.
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love it on you it looks gorgeous, and I think sometimes the less bright/bold colours can be even more striking when they look so delicate like this xxx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fanfare looks like a perfect every day colour - love!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh such a great natural peachy lipshade color!:) I'll look after this MAC Lipstick soon!:)

    Bye,
    NIKA Bittner

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this colour, it looks gorgeous on you! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

    

P.S. I don't want this to be spammy but I am also hosting a £50 Giveaway at the moment if you wanted to enter here

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have never tried this shade, it looks like the perfect everyday shade but I'm not a massive fan of the CremeSheen finishes.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks so gorgeously natural!

    Emma | Em & Them

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely colour and finish, it is on the wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This will definitely be my next purchase from MAC! It is just what I've been looking for now that Spring is arriving! :)
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a pretty shade, it looks lovely on you x
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  33. looks gorgeous, definitely trying it on next time I'm in Mac!! :) x
    elena // kooky allure

    ReplyDelete
  34. i really like the color, looks amazing on you. x

    www.sparklethiscity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love this lippy! I have also done a review over on my blog. Defiantly in my top 5 MAC lipsticks!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a perfect shade on you and I would be comfortable wearing it, I need this now!x
    http://blushingbeauty9.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is such a gorgeous colour, I honestly wish I could have every single shade from MAC :(X
    Katherine Rose | Uk Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful lipstick!! :) Gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x