LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 16 March 2014

Sleek 'Hero' Products


When it comes to drugstore brands, Sleek have to be one of my all time favourites. I'm particularly fond of their collection of blushes and face palettes and their Brow Kit was one of the first eyebrow products I ever fell in love with.  I always find their products to be incredibly pigmented and really good in terms of quality and wear-time.   Without jibbering on any further, I shall jump straight in and talk you through some of Sleek's 'Hero' products...

Sleek Eyebrow Kit in 'Light' | £8.49* | Link
I make no exaggerations when I say that this kit completely transformed my eyebrow routine.  Honestly, before I discovered this duo, my brows weren't exactly what you'd call 'top notch' - in fact, I look back at photographs and wonder what the flippin'eck I was thinking!  I have to spend quite some time filling in my brows of a morning because they're so light in colour (blame the blonde barnet!) so having a powder and a coloured wax in one palette is very handy for those mornings when I need to get up and go.  I actually find the 'Dark' kit works fine on my brows as well depending on the level of definition I fancy - sometimes I'll sweep a bit of the darker shade into the arch but overall, the 'Light' version seems to look most natural on me.  I simply sweep a bit of the powder through them, making sure that I'm creating definition into the arch, and then brush a little of the wax on to help set them in place.  If you've been after Benefit's 'Brow Zings', then Sleek's version is more or less an exact dupe aside from the fact the wax is a little softer.  Well worth the money!


Sleek Face Form Palette in 'Light' | £9.99* | Link
Ohhh my love for this product runs deep, let me tell you! It's been featured on my blog a fair few times in the past so I won't say too much about it as you can read my full review here.  It's essentially one of my favourite palettes for all my contouring, highlighting and blusher-ing needs! The blush shade in the palette is an amazing dupe for Nars' infamous 'Orgasm' blusher and looks amazing throughout the summer months.  I always end up taking this one away on holiday with me - it's got everything you can possibly need all in one place - and if you're a contouring fan like me, then it's well worth getting your mitts on.

Sleek 'Blush by 3' in Pink Lemonade | £9.99* | Link
I've really been getting into my pinks just recently. I know, shocking right? I've actually given corals and oranges a temporary heave-ho for the time being! This palette is simply stunning. It contains 2 powder blushes on either side and has a cream version in the middle for those days where you fancy a bit of something more dewy.  This palette has to be one of my new favourites and I shall certainly be picking up another shade of their 'Blush by 3' palettes in the near future - they're well worth the money! Each blush is incredibly pigmented, really easy to blend and the addition of the cream blush makes it perfect for travelling as you have the choice of 3 different shades, of varying consistencys.   The cream blush is such a lovely addition to the palette - I've only ever tried Sleek's Powder Blushes but their cream ones are just the ticket - really creamy, moisturising and dewy and pigmented but blendable.  Everything my cream blush dreams are made of...


Have you tried any of these Sleek products? What's your favourite blush by them? I'd love to add a new one to my collection!

38 comments:

  1. I just purchased the Face Form Palette in 'Light' and I agree with you completely, I absolutely adore it! I was never a big contour/highlight person but felt like giving it a real go, and it converted me. From the looks of this post I need to get my hands on some more Sleek products ^_^
    emiloue.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous post, love the photography! I really want to pick up the blush by three!

    beautybyalicee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my Face Form Palette! I was never really one for wearing make up during the day (I'm a uni student and kinda lazy), but with this palette I do. It's just so easy! I love the blush shade too.

    Helen x // Beautiful Curiosities

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been eyeing up the Face form for ages now, don't really know why I still haven't purchased it...I really need a kick in the butt :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Sleek, they really are fantastic value for money and great quality. I have their Rose Gold blusher and it is beautiful :)

    Sian | Sian Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great post, I love the way your write, I always find myself smiling when I reach the end!
    I was going to buy the brow palette last year but decided against it for a MAC powder.. starting to regret it now though.. especially as the powder seems to melt off my face after a couple of hours ( does this palette have better staying power)

    I'm also in utter agreeance with the face form palette, this is a recent purchase of mine, and I haven't looked back - not for one day!

    atouchofellie.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with my Face Form palette! It's so good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your picks look great and incredibly pigmented! I'm going to be a cliche but my favorite sleek product has to be the storm palette, it's just so versatile and great quality for the price! I'm still on the hunt for the contour an highlight duo in the lightest shade!
    The Beauty Break

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sleek brow kit and face form palette :) x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos! Sleek face form is my favourite! Xx

    Lauraslittleloves

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cream blush looks so pretty! I think I might need to get this little palette! :D

    Sandra - The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely need to get that eyebrow kit, I have the BrowZings just now so I am not going to pay that price when I can get a Sleek one that is practically identical for half the money! Love the contouring kit too. You make me spend far too much money when I am meant to be saving!

    Holly | hollylikestoblog

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Blush By Three Blushers are fantastic I completely agree. They're super pigmented and apply beautifully. I enjoyed this post, you've gave me a few other things to check out now.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh these are fab!
    I bought the neutral eye-shadow palette recently for my housemate's birthday, and to be honest really wanted one for myself! You've now convinced me to invest in more Sleek products :)

    Lil x
    Lil Loves

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never tried a Sleek product but some of the blushes and contour kit I've been eyeing up for a while! Have you ever tried Benefit browzings? The eyebrow kit looks exactly the same but with a lighter price tag. I'd be interested to know how they compare

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't think I've ever heard of this brand, but Im really excited about the Blush By Three pallete! I'm gonna go see what other blusher palletes they have! Thanks for this post!

    inwiththenew.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. that brow shade looks pretty auburn or has warmer undertones, i prefer ashy ones! Love the face form kit though, looks great for travel and has pretty shades :) love the post <3 Love from sunny Devon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oookay. Now I NEED a Blush by Three!
    I've got 4 Sleek eye palettes and a few lip products, so can't believe the blushes have passed me by. These look like the perfect pinks!

    Great post, thanks Beth.

    Faith xx

    http://www.musicandeyeliner.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. I too have the Face Form Palette in 'Light' and use it everyday without fail. It's my favourite product for contouring :D X

    thefashion-junkie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I defnitely need to buy Sleek products in the near future! These look fab and inexpensive!

    rubyblogi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Sleek, one of my fave drugstore brands. The Pink Lemonade blush set looks amazing x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  22. All these 3 products are the ones on my wishlist! I love the look of the blush palette :)! xx

    BerrieBlogs| {beauty blog}

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all the Sleek palettes, I have a few of them and they are so useful for travelling

    annie || www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I adore all of these sleek products too! Especially the bronzer, highlight and blush. They all work so beautifully together and apart!

    www.emandthem.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the look of the blush palette, so pretty! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

    P.S. I don't want to be spammy, but I have a YSL Lipstick Giveaway on my blog at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey Beth! Great post I will have to add these to my collection. I actually did a blog post on the Blush by 3 in Lace which is great, I have been really into peaches lately- I go in phases!

    http://beautyxpress0.blogspot.ca/2014/03/sleek-makeup.html in case you want to check out the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  27. i really love how, for lack of better words, sleek, the sleek packaging is! looks so much more expensive than it is.

    www.zoewithumlauts.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've never bought any Sleek products but I've only heard good things and definitely need to try that contour palette :)

    Victoria | SocialVix

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW such beaut pictures :D I want it all now haha!

    The Jewel Beauty Blog - A friendly Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    Latest post - The Beauty TAG 2014

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ohh sleek! How I lust after thee, gorgeous post Beth- my 'lace' blush by 3 is my favourite thing ever! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful post! what stunning photography ^_^
    I loved all these products, but didn't use my brow kit as often, however the faceform is a firm favourite as are their blush by threes! I agree with you it's so lovely to have a change from the normal corals and go for some pink with spring coming up!
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. oooh the face form looks really good - I might have to give that a try! x

    amuchprettierpuzzle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your photos are gorgeous. Really want to try the Blush By 3 palette! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  34. I really love the look of all of these products and I'm sorely tempted to add them to my payday wishlist! Do you have a contour tutorial using this palette? I'm a complete newb and could use some pointers, it's on my beauty resolutions for 2014!

    http://techbunny.net/

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love sleek eyeshadow palettes and the blush by 3 is on my wishlist for spring. It is great to see some swatches of them all together makes it easy to compare them
    Laura x
    shimmerofpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Their blushers are my favourite blushers ever! I love the Pink Lemonade palette. The Californ.I.A. and Sweet Cheeks palettes are gorgeous as well. Need to get my hands on the face form palette! xx

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x