LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday 16 April 2014

New Topshop Buys | Lip Cream Lovin'


Ahh Topshop makeup. One of my many, many weaknesses. I'm usually pretty good when I waltz into Topshop. Gone are the days when I'd casually stroll in on my lunch break at work and end up spending my entire day's pay in an instant (we've all been there and felt the crushing guilt - let's face it)... that's why nowadays I tend to go in for something specific in order to avoid any spending mishaps.  With my best friend's birthday this month, I decided to have a mooch around their makeup stand to see if there was anything there I knew she'd like.  Typically, I walked out with a little more than I anticipated - an eyeshadow palette for my friend and 2 brand new lip products for me.  Standard.  In my defence, I actually only picked up the pink Lip Paint - but when I got to the till I discovered that they had an offer on. Oh, how convenient! If you were spending over £15, you received a free Lip Cream - yay! Welcome the two new additions to my ever expanding lip product collection...

Lip Paint in 'Reminisce' | £8.00 | Link
Described as a highly pigmented liquid lipstick, this lip paint is just the ticket for colourful, glossy lips.  I'm definitely not a lipgloss girl whatsoever - I'm very much a lipstick lover through and through so anything that combines a lipstick and a gloss in one without the dreaded sticky-ness is a winner in my books. I have to say - I've instantly fallen in love with this Lip Paint - so much so, I'm definitely going to be picking up a couple more in time for summer. I find it really creamy to apply without the dreaded stickyness (if you ever tried Rimmel's Apocalips, I'd liken it to those - more of a laquer than a gloss).  I opted for 'Reminisce' - a mid tone pink shade.  You can never go wrong with a mid-pink, right?  I actually bought it because I have hugggge love for Mac's lipstick in 'Fanfare' (post on that here) and this seemed very similar when I swatched it. If ever I feel like a slightly more vibrant and glossy version of my beloved Mac favourite - I shall be reaching for this Lip Paint in a jiffy...

Lip Cream in 'Dust' | £7.00 | Link
Now then - I was extremely, extremely tempted to opt for one of the bright shades in these Lip Creams (you's know how it is fellow colour fans!) However, I have so many bright reds, oranges and pinks and thought it might be a little ridiculous to add yet another one to my overflowing lipstick drawer. Since the Lip Creams were free when spending over £15, I decided to chance my luck with the nude peach shade, 'Dust' (*'DUST...anybody, no?'* - Gold star to you if you get that reference ;)). I was a little unsure about it if I'm honest - I half expected to get it home and realise I'd actually just bought a glorified foundation for my lips. Nope. I was pleasantly surprised.  It's actually a really pretty nude shade and I've been wearing it quite a bit just recently in the daytime. It lasts amazingly well and looks lovely when paired with a bronze smokey eye or neutral, fresh look. After a while, the glossy finish wears off and leaves behind a lovely satin flush of colour to the lips that feels completely weightless. Admitedly, as soon as I get a bit of a tan I don't think I'll be able to get away with this - depending on your skin tone it might be a little borderline 'concealer lips', but on my skintone currently - it works really well. It's also a lovely option to wear over the top of lipstick if you want to tone it down a notch. Consistency wise, it's a little less glossy than the Lip Paint and a bit more smooth and soft in texture. I likes it. I likes it a lot.

Overall, I've been really impressed.  Good ol' Toppyshoppy never fail to put a smile on my face when it comes to their lip products (if you still haven't tried one of their lipsticks, you're missing out!) I'll definitely be picking up some more shades for the summer - I already have my eyes on their Lip Paint in the shade 'Pout' - a gorgeous bright orange.  I'm also tempted to try their 'Gloss Inks' - if you've tried them - let me know!

Have you tried Topshop's Lip Paints or Lip Creams? What did you reckon?

29 comments:

  1. The pink lip cream looks gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look pretty! I've never tried these from Topshop, gotta have a little browse of their makeup stand soon!

    www.absolutebeaut.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to see what dust looks like on as it's not a colour i'd ever go for.

    Jazzie x
    miniinstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look beautiful- a great review! I've never tried anything from Topshop but it's high up on my list!

    http://jenni-flower.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing, definitely need to try alongside one of their lipsticks I'm after. Are they long lasting as well?

    Kristy | http://itsablondiiething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo yay definitely have a look at them! :)
      They're surprisingly long-lasting...the lip cream really impressed me especially - to say its such a light colour it really seemed to stick around on me! x

      Delete
  6. Reminisce looks like it would be right up my street, I don't think dust would suit me though :( xx

    www.lipgloss-and-lashes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only tried a nail polish from the Topshop range but they have so many gorgeous looking products, I really need to try something else out! xx

    Kat from Blushing Rose Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the pink one is lovely, I really like Topshop make-up.

    Jess x

    www.jessicalaar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I fully agree - Topshop lip products are fab! & these are lovely shades! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a big fan of the Topshop lipsticks - Rio Rio and Infrared are two of my favourites.. Would love to try the lip creams aswell, they look beautiful! x

    Rachael | overdosedemaquillage.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all how cute is the polka-dot lid?! Sooo cute, and the colours look so rich. Beautiful choices Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are really cute, I've never actually purchased any of the Topshop lip products yet. After reading this I think I may have to pop to my store and have a look! :)

    Charrlottelouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. The hair dresser need to learn these techniques and want to practiced for perfect hair dressing.Hair dressing courses

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a lovely little deal from Topshop :) I love the look of the pink shade, it looks really creamy and pigmented! xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look so gorgeous! Really need to go out and purchase them now. The Topshop make up range is so good isn't it? Have a great day.

    ~ aspoonfulofhopex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooh these look so nice - I am such a big fan of lip creams! x

    www.amuchprettierpuzzle.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look so lovely Beth and reminisce is such a gorgeous colour and perfect for spring I bet it looks lovely on. I'm so tempted to try these out. A trip to Topshop I think eeep lol xxx

    Danielle || Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never ever tried a Topshop lip product but I know a lot of my friends rave about them so it is probably about time I purchased one. Love the look of Reminisce, such a lovely colour.
    Becka | This Is My World

    ReplyDelete
  19. these look beautiful , Ive been impressed with other topshop makeup and their lipsticks but yet to try these.
    www.bloggedbybrogan.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really want Dust. Its a beautiful colour.

    http://cupcakesandskirts.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Lip Paint looks really nice! After seeing you post about MAC Fanfare it has forever been on my wish list :)
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't say I've ever tried anything from Topshop!! But loving the look of these lip creams - they're gorgeous.

    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have you tried the Topshop Velvet Lips? They're sort of liquid lipsticks and bloody gorgeous! I have the shade, 'Velveteen Ribbon' and its a medium red and has such longevity! xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice colours*-* x
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x