LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday 3 April 2014

Spring Pastels | New Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Polishes...

Barry M | Gelly Hi-Shine Polishes | £3.99 each | Link

When it comes to nail polish, Barry M have to be my go-to brand.  Ever since they released their 'gelly hi-shine' range last year (you can read my old post on them here) I've been twiddling my thumbs waiting patiently for them to bring out some new shades.  Well, I can officially stop thumb-twiddling now - Barry M very kindly granted my wishes and released 3 new Spring colours that happen to be just my cup of tea.  'Rose Hip', 'Sugar Apple' and 'Huckleberry' are perfect for pastel lovers. The milky tones are just the ticket for the upcoming warmer weather and will look absolutely fabulous with a bit of a tan.

I'm such a fan of the Gelly Hi-Shine polishes.  They only require 2 coats for full, opaque coverage - which is impressive to say how light these new colours are - it usually takes me a good few coats with pastel shades to get a good coverage on the nail but these don't take a great deal of effort whatsoever.  My only bug-bear at the moment is the fact that my nails aren't half as long as they were last year - I'm trying my best to grow them back but at the moment - but these light colours seem to highlight the fact that my talons are looking less than top-notch. Of course, that's no fault of the polishes (they haven't exactly sprouted teeth and nibbled them away themselves - no fear - these aren't a new range of killer polishes or anything) - no - it's my own stupid fault for being so slap-dash with the ol' nail upkeep routine and giving in to uni stress. Worth baring in mind if you too haven't got the neatest of nails at the moment! Nevertheless, they look lovely once i've popped a glossy topcoat on and neatened the edges up a little - they actually make your skin look much more tanned - yay for summer!  I love the 'milkshake' vibe that these polishes have - they're definitely a little lighter in shade on the nails than what they appear in the bottle - they have a strong 'white-ish' undertone to them but they're unlike any other pastels I have in my collection. I cannot wait to experiment with some floral nail art with them in the coming months... who doesn't love a good dose of floral nail art as soon as the sun comes out?! I know I certainly do!

It's well worth picking one of these up if you have a spare £3.99 in your purse (pre-pay day treat anyone?!) I think my favourite at the minute has to be 'Rose Hip' - it's such a lovely nude pastel pink and it looks really flattering and classy (even on my current stubby little claws).  They apply just as nicely as the previous Gelly Hi-Shines, although you do need to be careful when painting - it's easy to make a bit of a mess with them if you're feeling a bit slap-dash - worth mentioning. Overall, I love them. Feel free to bring out more shades Barry M.... Just sayin'!

Have you tried the new range of Gelly polishes by Barry M?  Which shade is your favourite?

45 comments:

  1. These shades are all so gorgeous, makes me so sad that I don't live in the UK haha :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're beaut aren't they!? Ahh no! Such a shame you can't get Barry M over there - they're one of the best nail polish brands i've ever used - worth hunting down if ever you see any! x

      Delete
  2. I told myself I didn't need Rose Hip as I have a couple of nail colours that are similar but now I wish I'd spiced it up with the other 2. These are such lovely shades!

    Jenn | PhotoJennic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo Rose Hip has to be my favourite of the trio (at the moment...) Definitely good'uns for Springtime! xx

      Delete
  3. Such incredible shades, I want them all! / almeidas.se

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all-may have to pick up Rose Hip and Sugar Apple. Perfect for sunny spring days!

    thebeautyfairground.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm absolutely obsessed with these, rose hip is my new spring go-to shade! Here's my new post on it, i'd love it if you'd check it out!
    http://make-up-mogul.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/barry-m-gelly-nail-paint-rose-hip.html
    Great post, love your blog!

    Lucy
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing! wish i could get my hands on these in the US! xx

    http://cheekychicxx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I picked up two new Barry M Gelly Nail Paints today - Green Berry and Blue Berry! They're so pretty, I can't wait to wear them :) x

    Rachael | overdosedemaquillage.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huckleberry is such a beautiful shade! I'm so glad I brought it and I love the application!!

    xox
    hannahmckeever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh they look gorgeous - I can't wait to pick these up

    Kayleigh xo
    Ruffles and Rabbits

    ReplyDelete
  10. BarryM have released some gorgeous polishes & these pastel ones are perfect. I love all the shades
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've just picked up Huckleburry and Sugar Apple and absolutely adore both of them. I'm not a huge pink fan, so left Rose Hip on the shelve.

    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  12. These new shades are so damn pretty, I have way too many polishes but I need to get my mitts on sugar apple at least hehe x

    EmmiHearts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colour of these nail polishes, especially huckleberry x

    http://tuttaafruttaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these shades, pastels are just perfect right now! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. these are such gorgeous colours and i love barry m too, can't wait to get my hands on some x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these colours! You cant go wrong with Barry M :-) Great post.
    Claire.x
    www.xclaireabella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahh you've swayed me to get these! I adored the gelly range but I thought they weren't pastel enough for my liking, so these are the perfect products. I can't wait to see your nail art! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the look of Rose Hip, all of these look beautiful though! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful S/S shades.
    Remind me of colours Essie would do!

    nailsandteapots xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Who hasn't heard of these gelly polishes? They certainly are famous in the blogger world aren't they?! I love the new shades, they're so pretty and girly, well done Barry M! Xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. These look so nice!!! I definitely want to try these out!! Great photography btw! What camera do you use?
    http://littlebeautybloge.blogspot.co.uk/
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This post made my heart race and my nails ache in yearning too be painted in these beautiful shades!
    http://sundaegirl07.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous shades, I think I need to add them to my collection pronto :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. They look gorgeous, especially Sugar Apple!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are right up my street! In the need for some new polishes for spring!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. These look so gorgeous, I love the shine and the colours would look great alternating each other, MUST go get some xxxx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. These shades are lovely! I wish Barry M products were available in Canada. xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  28. The shades are gorgeous. I have a Boots voucher, think I may pick a few of these up x

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  29. such pretty colors! I need huckleberry in my life! xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. I got Rose Hip recently, such a perfect shade <3

    ReplyDelete
  31. I noticed these in a magazine and going to get myself some at the weekend these shades are just gorgeous :') I love the pastel theme xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love these colors, excited to try them!

    www.loveandclothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. These look so cute :) I love pastel nail varnishes xx

    BerrieBlogs| {beauty blog}

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gosh, these look like lovely nail polishes! Barry M are always my go-to for nail polishes, great quality at small prices! Huckleberry looks cool, not too light but the perfect pastel blue :)
    http://everythingbutthekitchen.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. These look SO gorgeous! I'm such a sucker for a pastel so it won't be long before these are popped into my Boots basket... Xxx

    www.megsboutique.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  36. I brought Rose Hip and Sugar Apple last weekend (and am wearing Sugar Apple today) but think I won't be resisting Huckleberry for long they're such great shades.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. All these barry m posts made me go out and buy Huckleberry yesterday, it is beautiful.

    http://amy-paige.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  38. These three polishes are so pretty, I don't think I can decide which one is my favourite.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  39. Those Nail polishes are fab i love them!

    www.itsflashyfash.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh my these look AMAZING! going to have to buy them now, lovely pictures by the way!xxx
    http://sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  41. I really love your blog and this post!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love these shades, I haven't tried them yet x

    www.pinkpolkadotandpopcorn.com

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x