LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Benefit 'Big Easy' BB Cream

Benefit | Big Easy 'Multi Balancing Complexion Perfector' | £27.50*

During the summer months, I always like to switch up my foundation for a lighter base. I'm never really brave enough to go without unless I have a tan, but I do think that a lighter, sheerer coverage always looks much more flattering as opposed to a fuller coverage foundation when it's brighter outside. I like to let my natural skin show through but I also like a little bit of something to blur imperfections and generally spruce up my complexion. I've been trying out Benefit's new release the past few weeks and thought it was about time I threw my two pennies worth in.  I resisted judgement for a while with this one - mainly because my skin has been changing due to the time of year and I found the results differed over time. The product has definitely received a lot of hype since its release.  The 'Big Easy' balances moisture (perfect for those with combination skin like me) and controls oil whilst evening the skin tone with its light liquid to powder finish. Not only that, the oil-free formula contains ingredients that are said to help soothe and comfort the skin, and the added SPF35 is perfect for sunnier weather.

At first, I was somewhat iffy about the liquid to powder finish.  When it comes to bases, I much prefer a dewy, radiant finish as opposed to looking completely matte. I have normal/combination skin (depending on the time of year) and often have slightly drier patches around my cheeks which powder finish products seem to highlight. If you have dry skin, I'd advise you to do your research and see how people with a similar skin-type found this product as the first few times I tried this, it did seem to pick up my dry areas and I ended up taking it straight off.  However, my skin hasn't been as dry recently and I've been using it on the warmer days we have been having - i'm glad I persevered with it as it's actually a lovely BB Cream.  The powder finish doesn't appear too matte and it helps to combat any oilyness and shine - just what you want from a summer base product. I don't have overly oily skin but I did notice that I had considerably less need to powder when using this. Although the coverage does wear off a little around my nose and forehead, it seemed to stick around a little longer than other BB Creams I've tried in the past which I can imagine is due to the slightly more matte finish it provides.  I can imagine that it is going to be an absolute god-send in the height of the warmer weather, it will certainly be coming away with me in my suitcase should I actually manage to jet away to sunnier climes this year as I'd love to give it a whirl in a hotter climate.

Although the coverage is sheer, it does blur imperfections really well but bare in mind - If you have any blemishes, you will need to use a concealer.. If you prefer a good bit of coverage, you might be disappointed with this as it doesn't offer a great deal, but on good skin days - it works a charm.  Shade wise, there are 6 in total - not the biggest range ever however, one of the Big Easy's selling points is that it adjusts to your skin tone to give a seamless, natural finish.  Personally, I seem to be leaning smack-bang in between 'Light Medium' and 'Medium' at the moment (I can tell that 'Beige' will be perfect for me once I have a tan) and both of them look more or less undetectable when blended into the skin due to how sheer and light they are.  The consistency is so easy to blend - it's actually pretty creamy in texture and has quite a dewy appearance until it is sheered out on the skin. This works in the product's favour because it's easy to work with even though it does give a slightly more matte finish. 


Overall, a fabulous release just in time for summer from Benefit.  I'm not sure it's my all time favourite base but I have an inkling that it will become a summery staple for me - especially on holiday! Like I said, if you have dry skin, I'd strongly recommend you try before you buy. My skin has been pretty normal just recently due to the time of year, but before the dry patches evened out, the product seemed to highlight these areas and I found I had to moisturise considerably beforehand to counteract this.  If you have slightly oilier skin or are jetting away somewhere hot and scorchio this summer, it's well worth looking in to making this one of your pre-holiday treats (or one of your duty free buys ;)). The light, sheer coverage is just the ticket for everyday wear and it evens out your skin without feeling heavy or clogging up the pores.

Have you tried the Big Easy? What did you reckon to it?

26 comments:

  1. Totally agree - really enjoy it as a lighter base for the summer, but I'm not sure it's my favourite!

    XO, G from grace'd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am yet to try this, but have heard so much about it since it's release. Definitely one I think I might end up giving a go.

    Kristy | http://itsablondiiething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try this but I'm hesitant as I like a really full coverage to cover up my very imperfect skin!

    nailsandteapots xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is the shade range for lighter skin, I have very pale skin. Love this post im looking for a new BB cream and would like to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really nice, I'll have to have a look and see if the fair one is pale enough for me!

    Becca from Becca Said x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of this - and cute packaging! Really lovely photos xx

    kittyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try this but I like my high coverage so I don't know if i'll cope! Might try and get a sample :)
    Great post!

    Sarah xx
    www.coloursofautumn.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the look and sound of this BB cream! Thanks for the review :) xo

    Natalie | Shabby Chic and Tea♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have tried this and I liked it more than I thought I would! I also have dry skin but I don't find it to be too clingy and the powder finish was much less drying than I thought it would be. It definitely is a wonderful light base!
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I didn't know it was a liquid to powder finish so thanks a lot for that! I'll try it out when I'm in store!

    Jaq @ www.lazydaysbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds great, really want to try this out! And benefits new brow products!

    http://simplicityrosex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to give this a go, in fact I got a voucher for a sample but everytime i went to a counter they were all out of samples :( I didnt know it was a powder finish either which is good, I have oily skin so that would deffo work in my favour!

    Kat xx

    rainbowcrush

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds amazing, I love the sound of the finish! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD | ASOS or Feelunique £25 Voucher Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found this was a bit iffy on my dry skin, but I did really want to love it. Plus I found it rather covering for a BB cream!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the sound of this I need to get into lighter bases for this summer, might have to give this a little try in store xx

    ~ VISUALCANDY INC.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've read so many reviews on this recently, I do like the sound of it but not quite sure I could justify the price tag :/ I've recently started using the Avon BB cream and am quite surprised at how head over heels in love with it I am :) I love BB Creams!
    Love Holly x

    www.pamperpreenperfect.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the sound of this and definitely agree with the it could be a lighter base for the summer.
    great post and blog here!
    www.bloggedbybrogan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely review as always Beth! This sounds like the PERFECT summer foundation I want to run out and grab one asap!! I think I would land on the medium shade, does the colour adjusting actually work?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Im loving a more natural looking at the moment. I have been wearing Bare Minerals original foundation which is INCREDIBLE! I have written a full review over on my blog. But would love to give this a go!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. i've read so many great things about this product I really want to try it on my holiday. Great review.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  21. definitely going to try this out
    x
    beautystreet284.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have this, cannot wait to try now x Bean's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm desperate to try this, sounds like a pretty good summer base for oily skin! x

    lillies and lipbalm

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have combination skin too and I've been wanting to try it for so long! I will definitely have to soon! Lovely post :) xxx

    thebeautybombuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x