LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday 27 December 2014

Monthly Favourites | December


Evenin' all! I do hope you've all had an amazing Christmas. I don't know about you but it's gone far too quick for me. I love the whole build up to the big day and the past few weeks really do seem to have flown by - I don't feel as if I've had chance to fully take it all in.  It's always over in the blink of an eye.  We're now onto the dregs of the Quality Street tin (the ones that nobody likes) and I can't help but feel slightly sad that I won't be able to pop into Costa for a cheeky orange hot chocolate anymore. Anyway, post-Christmas glum-ness aside, I thought I'd put together my final favourites post of the year. I wasn't going to do a December favourites this month considering I'm in the process of typing up my '2014' collective posts, but it seemed a shame not to to sum up the final month of the year with a few bits and pieces...


Chanel // Soleil Tan De Chanel 'Bronze Universel'  // £32.00 // Link
I adore this product - it's one that I always go back to.  It's such a nice little touch of luxury to have in my collection. I've been using it as an all over bronzing base recently and it just looks so much more natural as opposed to a powder bronzer.  I've been buffing this into the skin (after applying my foundation) using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and it just gives the most amazing, smooth and flawless finish.  I concentrate it around the outside of my face - buffing into the sides of the forehead, temples and outer cheekbones to give a naturally bronzed and sculpted look.  

Mac Lipstick in 'Half n Half' // £15.50 // Link
Oo not another 90s inspired nude lip! Although I'm a big fan of the infamous 'Velvet Teddy' lipstick, I much prefer the constancy of 'Half n Half' and think it's very much an unsung hero of the Mac lipstick world.  It's virtually the same shade - maybe slightly lighter - but is much creamier and glossy due to the 'amplified' finish. I adore it.  For a closer look, head on over to my 'Mac Lipstick Collection' post here. 

Boutique at Sainsburies Lip Gloss in 'All the Tea in China' // £6.00 //
You've got to hand it to Sainsburies - they've got an absolutely smashing lip gloss here! It's more akin to a lip laquer in terms of application and pigmentation - the colour is almost opaque (if you've ever tried Tanya Burr's range I'd liken it to those) and is so understated and classy.  I bought this a few months ago and it looked far too 'foundation-y' on my summer skin, but now that I'm paler it works a treat.  It works well on its own, giving a beautifully glossy nude appearance, but also works well layered on top of brown toned lipsticks.  The taupe hint really compliments brown undertones and looks very on trend for the season. 

Arran Aromatics 'Honey and Lemon' Lip Balm // £3.50* // Link
I've already featured this product in a recent post here, but I just had to include it again. It's become my bedside staple! I apply it every night before bed and let it work it's magic overnight.  I'll also apply it in the morning before I apply my makeup as it sinks in really nicely, instantly making the lips feel smoother and perfectly prepped for further product.  It gives a lovely glossy appearance to the lips and works well over lipsticks if you're applying it through the day.  The scent is so soothing and gentle, and the screw-top pot is so handy and lightweight - I've thrown it into my handbag on a couple of occasions and much prefer this over a typical lip-balm stick (they're often too waxy for my liking).  This one is super quenching and treats dry lips in an instant.


Illamasqua Powder Blush in 'Lover' // £21.50 // Link
I really didn't expect to see this blush popping up on the bloggles anytime soon considering it's one of my summer favourites.  However, a year or so ago, I remember really enjoying it through the winter months.  I'd wear it to my uni lectures in a bid to make myself look slightly more awake (even if i felt far from it!) and I just find the finish of it so lovely.  It's a gorgeous bright pastel-y peach which works so well on both tanned and pale skin - the matte finish is also really flattering and gives that perfect 'flawless' finish.  I have to say this is one of my most loved blushes ever - it might even be my all-time favourite.  There's something about it that just works for me and despite being quite a bright, unique shade - i find it so easy to wear.

Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Highlighter / Illuminator (LE) 
Ahh I hate featuring Limited Edition products in posts because there's no way of providing links (sorry!). This was actually a summer product released a couple of years ago so I apologise for the lack of availability.  I never actually used it when I first got it (my mum gave it to me) simply because I didn't think it was my sort of shade - however, I've really been enjoying it recently. I've mainly been using it on my décolletage for evenings out as it just makes your skin look so delicate and perfected. It looks lovely on the tops of the cheekbones though, especially when worn with a matte blush and subtle bronzer.  The rose gold colour is really pretty at this time of year and not to mention the packaging - the matching rose gold compact is just beautiful.

Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Blush in 'Whisper' // £17.25 // Link
I won't say too much about this blush as I already have a full post here - but I adore this gorgeous pinky-coral shade from Jane Iredale.  The blush has a slight sheen running through it which is really fab for dull winter skin.  I've been alternating a lot between this shade and my Illamasqua blush, often applying it over my Benefit 'Majorette' cream blush which I featured in last month's favourites.  

Swatches L-R // Chanel Bronze Universel // Illamasqua Lover // Jane Iredale 'Whisper' // Elizabeth Arden Illuminator // Mac 'Half n Half' // Boutique Gloss in 'All the Tea in China'

Have you tried and loved any of these products? Is there anything here that tickles your fancy!?

35 comments:

  1. What lovely photography, fabulous post! Love the sound of the Elizabeth Arden!

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac Half n Half looks gorgeous!!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Illamasqua lover is such a beautiful shade~
    Lovely products!

    Hope you have a wonderful day ♥

    Ying | * Y i n g c b e a u t y *

    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'd like to try the Boutique Gloss in "All Tea in China". I've been searching all over for a lip color in that shade or like a deep brown or mauve-y color and that looks like something I might like. Great favorites!

    http://samanthajoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. your photos are always so impressive and I absolutely love hearing your opinion about things x
    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of that MAC lipstick but it looks right up my street! The packaging for Elizabeth Arden looks amazing!
    Kathryn /Cherries in the Snow

    ReplyDelete
  7. So helpful that you included swatches of the mentioned products. I love the way Chanel Bronzer looks!

    http://mmemento-mmori.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that blusher looks amazing, I definitely need to pick it up.
    Zeynab x
    The Beautifully Disastrous

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a gorgeous MAC shade, and the Chanel Tan de Soliel is going to be PERFECT for the winter pale months! x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Defiantly a colour trend this month Beth. All gorgeous products though :)

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous products, I love Chanel Soleil Tan too!

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. A blush can make such a difference to a face xx.

    http://jeansandmacaroons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The MAC lipstick is so beaut!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. The EA highlighter looks gorgeous! Never really been too interested in the makeup from that brand but it looks great! x
    cherieedle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, how do you get these photos on a light background without the ugly shadows? Do you use a light or a reflector? Thanks x

      Delete
  15. How have I not tried ANY of these beauties! I definitely will be picking up a few, especially MAC's 'Half n' Half', it sounds SO lovely :) I hope you have an amazing January!

    Beautyosaurus Lex

    ReplyDelete
  16. Defiantly need to try more of Illamasqua next year, I'm addicted to their brow cake!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  17. so much eye candy! definitely adding some of these to my wishlist!

    xx angela | the sunday chapter

    ReplyDelete
  18. i wish i had a chanel counter near me :( xx great post :)
    www.sparklethiscity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Alright, I can't handle my curiosity anymore. Do you use natural lighting? Your pictures always look so amazing and evenly lit. Also those blushes are so gorgeous! Blushes have been my weakness lately... :)

    Watching for Pigs on the Wing

    ReplyDelete
  20. That Elizabeth Arden Highlighter looks amazing and the Chanel Bronzer has been on my wishlist for some time x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous photography as always!
    I absolutely adore Lover too, and I have quite a warm olive skintone! I think had I see swatches before I purchased it I would have backed away haha, but on the skin its so delightful :)
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe x

    ReplyDelete
  22. The MAC lipstick is stunning! Lovely favourites and beautiful photography as always! Xx

    Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
  23. I must say - your photography is gorgeous. I hope mine is as good one day! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your photography is stunning! Love the Mac lipstick! May have to purchase! x

    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  25. The Elizabeth Arden highlighter looks gorgeous!! XO
    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your favorites are beautiful! Love the shade of that blush :) xx beautyybychloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. That Mac lipstick is gorgeous, it's just the colour I've been looking for! x

    Http://www.spacedreamsandmarshmallows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a great products!!!!
    xo
    Stacy

    http://tastyrumors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. STUNNING blog post! Your photography is incredible! Can't believe you have Chanel! So jealous xx

    http://lilliemysel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have Lover too, it's gorgeous. Happy new year, babe x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great post and fantastic photos. Love the shade of the MAC lipstick!

    www.ellenwarnerxo.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely post! I really want to try the Chanel universal bronzer, I definitely need to buy it heard so many good things :)

    www.lifeaslissy.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beth I love these peachy tones you have chosen here, they are beautiful! Happy New Year :)
    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x