LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 21 December 2014

My Top 3 Eyeshadow Palettes


I hold my hands up - I'm a bit of an eyeshadow palette junkie. I've built up quite the collection over the past 4 years or so because I just think there's just something about owning a palette that's so much more practical than having a line up of singular shades. I love having a number of looks all available in one place and they're so easy to store and travel with.  I find it so satisfying to see them all stacked in a row (surely I can't be the only one...) and I always enjoy choosing which palette I want to use depending on what sort of look I'm wanting to achieve.  As the festive season is well and truly upon us, I thought it would be a good time to introduce my favourite eyeshadow palettes and explain a little bit about why I love them so much and exactly what I use them for. Personally, I'm a bit of a neutrals fan - the majority of my palettes are all filled with brown hues and shimmery nudes and are all suitable for everyday wear. Of course, it's going to depend on what sort of shades/tones you prefer and what colours seem to suit your skin-tone, but hopefully this post might give you a little inspiration if you're after a new palette to treat yourself to this Christmas (I know it's getting quite late on now but there's still time - and of course, there's the inevitable post-Christmas sale treats...) I also have full reviews and swatches of all of these palettes so I've linked these posts in case you want to have a more in-depth look at any of them. So, in no particular order...


Stila //  In the Light Palette // £25.00 // Link // Full Review & Swatches
Stila's 'In The Light' palette is a stunner to say the least. I really enjoyed using it over the festive season last year and I've used it throughout the year since. I love the fact that there's such an amazing range of shades for all occasions - the addition of the midnight blue also makes for a nice little twist.  I absolutely adore the consistency of these shadows - the majority of them are super creamy to the touch and incredibly pigmented.  I also love the matte shades - sometimes, I find mattes can lack in the pigmentation stakes but the 2 in this palette are really impressive and make for a nice base for adding a bit of shimmer.  The palette also comes with a smudge stick eyeliner (not pictured) which has become one of my daily staples.  Its seriously one of the best eyeliners I've ever used.


Favourite shades: 'Kitten' - a gorgeous champagne shimmer perfect for the inner corners of the eyes .. 'Sunset' because it seems to work really well with my green eyes and it worked really well with a tan in summer .. 'Bubbly' is a gorgeous versatile gold shade which will suit everybody and 'Bliss' is such a stunning shade for creating definition in the crease.



Urban Decay //  Naked 3 Palette // £37.00 // Link // Full Review & Swatches
In true beauty blogger style, I own all 3 of the Naked palettes.  Although I really enjoy using the first one, I have to say I think the third has beaten it to the top spot.  I didn't think I'd get on too well with the rose gold hues but they really do seem to work with my skin tone - especially through the colder months.  I love the mix of shimmers and mattes and each one is amazing in terms of pigmentation - Urban Decay really do nail it every time when it comes to colour pay off!  I love the range of shades in here as there seems to be a little more choice in terms of colour compared to the other Naked palettes - there's everything from a neutral barely there look, to an antique gold or dusky pink, right the way through to smokey browns.  I love the brush that comes with this palette too - it's double ended so it's much more handy for on the go as you get a standard eye brush along with a fluffier blending option.  The mirror is also bigger in this palette too.

Favourite shades: 'Limit' and 'Nooner' are gorgeous crease colours and are probably my most used shades out of the palette simply because they act as a lovely base for further colour or work perfectly on their own. If I haven't got much time of a morning, a quick dusting of either of these and I'm good to go. 'Burnout' is the perfect everyday shimmer - it's not overly glittery and the pastel pink hue has a brightening effect on the lids. 'Trick' is also a really unique antique rose-gold sort of shade.



Jane Iredale // Daytime Palette // £39.95 // Link // Full Review & Swatches
Ok - so as the most expensive palette of the 3 you're probably thinking is it even worth it? I thought this too when I first tried it but I can hands down say that this is my most used palette ever - the first four shades are used on a daily basis (particularly the peachy shade - I reckon I'm going to hit pan very soon).  These matte shades are so pigmented and a complete dream to blend - the white shade has a slight bit of shimmer which makes it perfect for highlighting the brow bone and for using in the inner corners of the eyes. They all look so natural and are incredibly long lasting - I can apply these in the morning and my eyeshadow will still be in-tact at the end of a long day. This was the palette I took on holiday with me this year, and it's also come on a few UK breaks with me - it's just my ultimate 'go-to' and it's perfect to carry around in your handbag too if needs be because its so slim and lightweight.   I also adore the smooth rose-gold packaging.

Favourite shades: All of them! The only shade I don't use so much is the black - I save this for nights out or for smudging under the lash line if I want a more subtle eyeliner look.  'Almond' - the peach nude shade - is my perfect blending shade. I use this daily and sweep from the crease up to the brow bone and it looks so natural and flawless. I then blend a little bit of 'Cappuccino' (the greyish taupe) through the outer crease to create a natural shadow, and sometimes blend in a bit of the dark brown, 'Dark Suede' into the very outer corners for extra definition. I often wear 'Oyster' all over the lid and sweep a little on to the brow bone to highlight and accentuate my brows. It's my perfect eye look in a palette and I adore them all - they compliment each other perfectly.



I really hope you've found some inspiration (if you don't own them all already - I know what us bloggers are like with our eyeshadows!) and of course, if you want to see swatches of each palette - don't forget I've linked them all within the post! 

What's your favourite eyeshadow palette? 

26 comments:

  1. I love the Stila - in the light palette my go too palette, love how there is both matte and shimmer colours! :)

    www.lifeaslissy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of stila in the light xx

    http://cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100% agree with the Naked 3 :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stila has such gorgeous colours ! *A*
    xx
    shititsmidnight.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Naked 3, use mine all the time. Such a good staple palette.

    Reverie de Paris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some gorgeous palettes! I really want a Stila one x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. These colours are gorgeous!
    Tiana x
    Www.tianaesparon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the light palette has got to be my fave for this year~ Amazing colours and I find them easy to use and blend out. So many great palettes this year~

    Thank you for sharing, I hope you have a lovely day~♥

    Ying | *Yingcbeauty*

    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great palettes here! Been lusting after the Stila one since I swatched it last month, such gorgeous shadows! Also, who doesn't like a bit of Urban Decay!?

    Lizzie // xBeautyMagic // Beauty Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Naked 3 pallete looks so gorgeous especially the packaging x

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is just something about those Naked palettes I can't keep away from!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought the Stila palette for my friend, and she loves it! I'm loving my Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Redemption palette which is a dead ringer for the Naked 3 if anyone's wanting a cheaper alternative xx
    cherieedle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Stila palette is beyond stunning and is one I want to add to my collection.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great choices. Naked 3 and Stila are my favourites x

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  15. must try out the naked 3, can't believe i haven't purchased it yet!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Naked palettes are just too pretty, I haven't really seen the Naked 3 much and really want to give it a good old swatch! x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have far too many neutral palettes, but you have definitely convinced me on that Stilla one *swoon
    Beautyosaurus Lex 

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post! They all really are gorgeous palettes, I have both the still and the naked 3 and love them both! Such great palettes to have in your collection. I think I'll have to check out the Day Time palette, it looks really nice xx

    http://nina-madeline.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  19. My sister and I got the Stila "In the Light" palette for my mom for her birthday and she loves it! She uses it almost every day and is so impressed. I was actually debating between that and one of the Naked palettes but I'm glad I picked that one. :)

    Watching for Pigs on the Wing

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love the naked 3 and the in the light palette x

    www.sparklethiscity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I also love Naked 3. All that rose gold in one place is just beautiful!


    Follow me to Fancieland!

    ReplyDelete
  23. After seeing this post I have realised that I need to try all these out. The colours are absolutely beautiful.

    http://inspireparlamode.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Unfortunately I am not really a big fan of the Naked 3 eyeshadow palette! I just feel as if the colors aren't as pigmented and it takes forever to get it on my eyelid because nothing ever comes up! I enjoy the second one much more! xx

    http://lilliemysel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing pictures! I really need to jump onto that Naked 3 bandwagon, it's so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This was a great read! I'm looking to invest in the naked 3, such a lovely looking pallet.

    www.beautybykatiemaree.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x