LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 9 March 2014

Monthly Favourites | February


You know when you have one of those months where you seem to switch up everything in your usual routine and find a tonne of new products to get your mitts into? Well, February was one of those months for me.  I fell in love with yet another contouring product, discovered that I actually do suit pink blush and I found an amazing alternative to endless root-backcombing. Waheyy! Sounds like a jolly good month, I hear you say? Without further ado, I shall get cracking with my February favourites. Grab a brew - there's a few ;)

Mac Lipstick in 'Fanfare'
I've finally found my perfect 'every day' pink lip. The kind that isn't so nude it looks barely there or washed out, but just vibrant enough to make an impression - Mac's 'Fanfare' really is such a stunner.  I wrote a full post on this beauty earlier in the week (you can have a read of that here) and I really cannot live without this in my handbag at the moment.  It brightens up my complexion in a flash and is so super creamy and pigmented.  It seems to work really well against my skin tone.

Nars Blush in 'Deep Throat'
I don't usually reach for pink blushes.  I tend to opt for corals, peaches and oranges purely because I feel safer with them and I often think my skin tone works best with a warmer flush of colour. However, this month, I've fallen head over heels for Nars' 'Deep Throat' - a beautiful pink with slight coral undertones (which is why I think it works so well for me).  It's so warming and brightening on the complexion and is super buildable and easy to blend.  I adore it. I wrote a full post on this blush earlier in the month (you can find it here) so if you fancy reading more on my thoughts, head on over!

Illamasqua Sculpting Duo
Oh look! Another contouring product is featured on Beth's blog... I have written a full post on this product here, so I won't go into this one too much - but I think I may have found my new favourite contour powder.  The highlighting shade is simply stunning - honestly, I can't even begin to explain how much I love it.  Just the lightest touch of a brush is all you need and it brings light to the face without going all 'disco ball, jazz hands and glitter' - perfect! The contour shade leans ever so slightly grey - making it the perfect companion for scultping out those cheekbones.  Slightly pricey - but worth every penny if you're a contouring addict like me.

Lauren's Way Glam Tan - Darker than Dark Spray*
I must admit, I wasn't expecting to love this half as much as I do.  But I'm addicted! I'm planning on doing a full post on this soon so I won't say too much - but it really is such an amazing fake tan and I can see why it receives so much hype on Twitter! I usually opt for mousses or gel-like consistencies when it comes to my fake tan, but I reckon Lauren's Way has converted me to a spray.  I simply spray a few pumps onto a mitt, or onto my skin depending on where I'm tanning, and blend away.  It's easy to see where you've been and it's so easy to blend - honestly, it's fool proof! No streaky business here! What I love about it though is the fact it doesn't smell whatsoever. Seriously?! Has anyone else tried this and been super impressed at the lack of biscuit aroma?! Blow me down with a feather - I'm amazed! I usually put off fake tanning purely because I can't stand smelling like a digestive for an entire night/day - but I could quite happily let this develop for the 8 hours without getting a whiff of fake tan whatsoever.  The colour is also really natural - it's quite dark, but it's very olive toned and doesn't look false at all. Hats off to you Lauren - your fake tan really is as good as everyone says.

Benefit Gimme Brow*
Again, I've already written a full review of these earlier in the month (link).  They received a rave review from me and I'm still loving them just as much.  They've completely altered my brow routine and for someone who's brows lack in the volume department, they're a god send.  I love the fact they're so buildable and provide such natural results. My eyebrows have never looked so defined! They really do stay put all day as well.

Lord & Berry Smudge Proof Liner in 'Smoke'*

Why wear black when you can go grey?! I've discovered a love for grey liner this month - it provides definition to the eyes without looking too smokey or heavy for day time.  I usually find black can look a little heavy and has a tendency to smudge on me - but Lord & Berry's 'Smoke' pencil stays put all day without fail and gives my eyes that much desired definition without looking too 'OTT'.  I received this in one of my Love Me Beauty boxes (post here) and was impressed with it from the start - the texture is quite waxy but it's very easy to apply and it lasts amazingly well.

Loreal '#TXT' Volume Supersizing Spray
Again, another product I wasn't expecting miracles from but I was pleasantly surprised. This stuff is seriously good! It beats any volume powder I've tried by a mile.  It smells beautiful and fresh too.  Just a quick spritz of this through roots/mid-lengths of my hair and a quick 'fluff' about,  and I'm left with  a seriously voluminous barnet in a jiffy.   It doesn't last amazingly well, however, it's perfect when you need a bit of a boost and it puts some much needed 'oomph' back in when your hair has lost it's mojo.  I take this everywhere with me now. I couldn't live without it. . I've had this can for a few weeks now too - so you definitely get your money's worth. 

Sanctuary Skin Comforting Body Butter
I know body butters aren't the most exciting product to speak about but I reckon I've found a new favourite.  I adore the texture of this one - it's so moisturising and blends and sinks into the skin like an absolute dream. It smells really pretty - like almonds, milk and powdery-freshness (fab explanation there, Beth...) I'm going to dash out and repurchase another tub as soon as this one runs out - I really recommend trying this if you're after a richly moisturising body butter.  It leaves the skin feeling so baby soft and smooth.

Organic Surge 2 Minute Moisture Mask*
I have a lot to thank this hair mask for, I really do.  It is so easy to use and works a treat on thirst-deprived hair.  It leaves my hair feeling silky, smooth and easier to manage and gets rid of any frizz.  I was actually sent this a while back (you can read my review here) and I will 100% be grabbing myself another tub now that I've finished this one. 


Have you tried and loved any of these products as much as me?

26 comments:

  1. All these products seem amazing love finding lots of new products and loving them!x

    curlsandcometsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fanfair looks gorgeous, need to chack that out next time im at a MAC counter :) I like the cocoa brown tan for the lack of scent, i cant stand that biscuit aroma so i'll have to give the LW one a try. Hope you're well lovely xx

    www.onthedressingtable.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the LOreal #TXT hairspray in a few people's Feb favourites video! As my hair is getting longer it's getting harder to keep curls in place so maybe I should invest and see if it works for me!

    Life of a Trainee Journalist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful picks this month, the lipstick and blush both look lovely <3

    http://sparklyghosts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the look of MAC fanfare lipstick, gorgeous. I've been loving the gimme brow too!

    alice xxx | beauty blog | beauty channel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I want everything mentioned in this post now! X

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    p.s; check out my Topshop makeup giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE benefit Gimme Brow too, awesome favs!
    ♥ Filthy Fashion ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The M.A.C. Fanfare lipstick is such a gorgeous colour. Must try this and Gimme Brow soon xx

    Emma @ emsylou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many gorgeous products there. I think Fanfare is going to be the next Mac lipstick I get. I adore the colour of it!

    Sian | Sian Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I need that stuff for my hair ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Organic Surge Moisture Mask sounds lovely. I want to try their night cream too so might have to buy both. I too love the L'Oreal TXT Volumising Spray, but going to try the Charles Worthington one as well as I've heard great things about it.

    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  13. It all looks gorgeous especially the lipstick!
    Chloe's Little Nothing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really want to try the LW tan, I've heard SO many good things about it which you would never normally expect from a 'celebrity' made product!

    pippibee.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Deep Throat is so pretty I have always wanted it x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Beth, just a note to say how much I adore both you and your blog. It's my favourite time of day when I pour myself a cup of tea and read your posts! I love your style and you write really, really beautifully. Thank you for inspiring me and being just generally lovely and sweet. I'm a massive fan!
    Love from Jasmine
    xxx

    http://www.jasminemcrae.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is that a MAC lippy I see.. I can't get enough of them! I have Ruby Woo and I can't wait to invest in more shades

    Emma
    www.thefashion-six.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love to see your faves!! I will be trying the tanning spray and the volume spray asap, I am always looking for a little more oomph in my do!

    Beautyxpress0.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the lipstick

    vhema
    http://reviewingmake-up.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have just put on the LW tan! so glad you like it too :D & I just ordered gimmie brow!

    Take care hun


    The Jewel Beauty Blog - A friendly Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    Latest Posts - FOTD, Laurens Way Darker than dark glam tan & NEOM

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want the sculpting duo so much! Lovely picks, I've seen so many great reviews of the TXT spray but it just does nothing for me, such a shame xx

    Kat from Blushing Rose Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  22. I need to try that TXT spray, it sounds amazing!

    lillies and lipbalm

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fanfare is such a pretty colour, I love the look of it! x


    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD


    ReplyDelete
  24. I neeeeed to try benefits Gimme Brow!! I've done my monthly favourites too!! ♥

    http://finallyjune.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/february-favourites.html#.Ux4_2HlZ6lI

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have seen so many good reviews about LW Tan and Benefits Gimme Brown I can't wait to buy them and give them a try out.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  26. There are so many things in this post that I want to try, especially the illamsqua sculpting duo which looks perfect for pale gals! And the benefit gimme brow because that tiny brush seems perfect for all of us who weren't blessed with beautiful thick brows!
    I just found your blog and will be definitely following it!
    The Beauty Break

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x